Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   Whats wrong with v6 my car then. (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/whats-wrong-v6-my-car-then-65041/)

94ChevyCamaroV6 09-24-2011 11:30 AM

Whats wrong with my V6 camaro car then.

This noise started happening the past couple day I went out to start the car. A person said that maybe Its the belt making that noise. Which would make sense because I have noticed that a couple weeks before the belt would make a litle sqeaking type noise but It wasnt anything loud. I could probably find a spray to put on the belt to make It not squeak my dad said he has some somewhere around here. But Idk let me know what you think. Then.

Whats wrong with my 1994 Chevy Camaro V6 3.4L Car Then. - YouTube

iLL95 09-24-2011 11:49 AM

Try starting it up with a friend looking under the hood and see what's making that squeak

iLL95 09-24-2011 11:50 AM

btw your back left tire looks like it's getting bald lol
My car made those same ticking noises I had no idea what it was. Just charged the battery and it was fine after that. Try checking your starter also?

Gorn 09-24-2011 11:57 AM

It is really hard to heard the sound other then the failing starter. That clicking noise that happens when the car did start is not good. The whirling sound after the car starts is also a sign of a failing starter.

I can think I can hear a cricket like sound after the car starts that sounds like a belt tensioner.

3800camaro 09-24-2011 12:00 PM

The ticking noise is the starter not being able to engage do to low battery power. The squeak could be the belt slipping on one of the pulleys. Have a look at them all and see if any of them is stiff to turn. They should all free wheel smoothly.

94ChevyCamaroV6 09-24-2011 12:01 PM

Well I dont think Its the starter I think Its the battery not wanting It to start because It has gone dead a few times and Im sure that makes the battery crap so Its probably the battery and maybe the belt for the wierd noise Idk but no my left tire Isnt bald they are pretty new then.

94ChevyCamaroV6 09-25-2011 01:23 PM

Anyone else wanna see If they might know whats wrong and yes the clicking Is from a low battery and It would make sense the noise was from the belt because I noticed a couple weeks before this the belt was making a squeaking sound when the car was driving or on Idle etc but It wasnt that loud It was kinda quiet If I listened enough I could hear It then.

JGuy07 09-25-2011 01:28 PM

Charge or replace the battery, then see how it effects the starter. Depending on if it's good or bad you may need to replace the starter. Then figure out where exactly the problem is on your belt pulleys and solve the problem from there. Have you attempted any work on the car yet to figure this out?

94ChevyCamaroV6 09-25-2011 01:47 PM

Not yet but I know Its not anything wrong with the starter Its because the battery Is crap then Im going to have my dad tell me where the stuff Is that I can put on belts to make them not squeak.

BasicConcepts 09-25-2011 01:55 PM

DON'T put anything on the belt that stuff is made for v belts not serp belts