Whats wrong with v6 my car then.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If you make another video have someone give gas so that we can hear a difference with the engine running faster, I'm quite sure the bearings in the power steering pulley are shot. Is there oil in that power steering? Change that muffler soon, cause you are goining to get good headacks pretty soon. Ever think of reading the car manual that came with the car? Some answers to guages are in there. And if you are not sure, go see a mecanic and get the car verified cause on your own, you are going to change a lot of parts for nothing.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear member

What do you mean by a headache because I already get headaches from when I start the car I get a headache from some wierd smell type thing then.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Do you know how to remove the serpentine belt? Remove it, then twirl each of of your pulleys one by one to see if you can hear the noise. Also push the belt tensioner up and down and give a listen, as a worn one can make a squeak while it's slightly bouncing up and down.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
What do you mean by a headache because I already get headaches from when I start the car I get a headache from some wierd smell type thing then.
That smell is the exhaust cause your muffler is shot replace it, Its not good for your health.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Check your cat. My car is straight piped and smells awful.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear member

Idk what a cat Is but I know that when I start the car I get a headache almost right away and the exhaust has kinda a wierd smell to It but I dont wanna replace the muffler because I cant get a glasspack rumble type sound on a V6 all these cars can get Is a raspy sound like a ricer car and I hate that sound so I would rather leave my car stock then buy a muffler and have my car sound raspy. I have did alot of research on that. Flowmaster magnaflow etc they are raspy. I want a rumble glasspack sound which a guy couldnt get on a V6. I hate raspy cars and I wouldnt be able to stand It on mine. Then.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Idk what a cat Is but I know that when I start the car I get a headache almost right away and the exhaust has kinda a wierd smell to It but I dont wanna replace the muffler because I cant get a glasspack rumble type sound on a V6 all these cars can get Is a raspy sound like a ricer car and I hate that sound so I would rather leave my car stock then buy a muffler and have my car sound raspy. I have did alot of research on that. Flowmaster magnaflow etc they are raspy. I want a rumble glasspack sound which a guy couldnt get on a V6. I hate raspy cars and I wouldnt be able to stand It on mine. Then.

Your reasonning is awful, Don't fix your muffler and some day you well fall asleep in your car with the engine running and never wake up again.

Get it fixed your young and have many years ahead of you.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 PM
2nd Gear member

I hate the sound of raspy cars. Who would want a camaro sounding like a ricer. All of a sudden ya look on the road because ya hear a crappy ricer car to look over and see a camaro and be like oh what a pile of dog crap. I dont want a raspy car even If I put a new muffler on and If It was raspy I would probably put the old one on because I dont like the rasp crap. Then.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Sofie's exhaust - YouTube

This is DarlingReject's v6 camaro. Granted its 3.8, that still doesnt sound like a ricer to me. In fact, I have seen tons of v6 cars that rumble. Changing the muffler isnt the only way to change the sound. You typically only get rasp if you rev it above 3k or get a cheap muffler and no other exhaust work. The only way to get rid of that rasp in our v6 cars is true dauls which cost a pretty penny but sounds great.

Also, your cat is very easy to find. It is gonna be in between your muffler and your y pipe. pretty much towards the middle of your car, and if the 3.4 is piped the same way, on the passenger side.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:47 PM
2nd Gear member

Yea, cuz everyone just HATES the sound of there v6 camaro's....I'm sure you can find an exhaust system which works. And all you mentioned was a muffler...you can buy a whole system and it will sound better. Do more research then if you haven't found one....

Decided to edit this just in case someone doesn't realize it's sarcasm....

Last edited by JGuy07; 09-27-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with v6 my car then.