Whats wrong with v6 my car then.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear member

That car does sound raspy and I have done plenty of research and yes thats true about above three k rpm but cars are most the time above three rpm unless on Idle. I dont wanna spend five hundred dollars on a exhaust system when I couldnt get that money back If I sold the car. As far as flowmaster magnaflow they are raspy on the camaro 3.4L Car. I heard that the z28 muffler on the car will be the less raspy but Its still raspy. Idk. Then.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
That car does sound raspy and I have done plenty of research and yes thats true about above three k rpm but cars are most the time above three rpm unless on Idle. I dont wanna spend five hundred dollars on a exhaust system when I couldnt get that money back If I sold the car. As far as flowmaster magnaflow they are raspy on the camaro 3.4L Car. I heard that the z28 muffler on the car will be the less raspy but Its still raspy. Idk. Then.
Thats not raspy at all, and no you shouldnt be driving around at 3000rpms. And I dont know why you plan on getting your money back out of this car. Your car is dropping in value every mile you drive it. Dont plan on getting your money back, Enjoy what you have and make the most of it.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear member

It Is raspy and I didnt say I drive at 3k rpms I said most cars dont drive that low unless they are Idle. Then.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 PM
2nd Gear member

I don't think you know what you're talking about, but I guess everyone has their own opinion.....

Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Heads and Cam V6 Camaro - YouTube

I assume you think this car is raspy as well?

Still its a 3.8 but hes put work into it. Either way, you will be unhappy with your car in your current situation. You say you have 250 to spend, but you want to get your money back out of this car. You dont want your car to sound raspy but dont want to pay more than 250 so now you wont buy an exhaust because just an exhaust wont satisfy you. The only modification you can really afford that will do anything is a cold air intake but you have already declined that, because you say its not worth it. You also say you want to sell this car to buy a z28 and then build that. Do you plan on buying that z tomorrow? I had the same plan for my car, A year in a half later, Ive had to buy new tires that ran me 500 dollars, get my headliner fixed and buy a battery, And I havent spent a penny on any modification what so ever. Do you think Im getting my money out of this car? No way. Enjoy what you have because as of now it doesnt seem that you do.

Last edited by FosterW; 09-27-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear member

The front bumper of this car Is spider webed meaning the a previous owner hit something but the bumped didnt crack It made a spider web effect but It hasnt cracked or broke. There are scratches all over the exterior. I already have 2250 Into the car and will have 2300 soon and the car Is worth 2k kbb value of this car. I am digging Into a waste of money by fixing this car. When summer comes around because It Is almost winter I am selling my car as soon as I can and then saving for a z28. I have driven the car less then 500 miles since I got It. I dont wanna put money Into this because I know I wont get It back but I still dont wannt put 2500 Into a car I will get 2000 for either way. The tires are fairly new and the car had a new brake Job In the past 20k miles and I also have 1400 In reciepts for fixing the car from the previous owners and me combined. I think because of that and the new tires and fairly new brakes I should get 2200 out of the car but I wouldnt take less then two thousand for the car Just because of the 1400 In reciepts and newer tires. Should I be able to get 2200 even though the front end Is spider webed but Isnt cracked yet and the tires are fairly new and I have 1400 combined In recipts from the previous owner and me for the car. Then.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

done.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear member

What. Then.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear member

You have yet to grasp the concept of what people have been telling you! The way I see it, if you aren't going to listen and take the advice that you're asking for then there is no need to post all over the forums. No longer throwing my opinion out anymore either.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear member

I said that I thought the muffler was raspy how was that avoid listening to ya dude. I can think what I want about a muffler being raspy. I stated also that I was thinking about selling my car. If ya didnt know people call this a basic conversation. Then.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with v6 my car then.