What is the easiest ways and most cost effective ways to lower my 1/4 time?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Overdrive Member

I would never get a loudmouth -- way too obnoxious. Just get a Borla adjustable, and stick an electric valve in the flanges where plates would go -- instant volume control for your exhaust!

Originally Posted by tuletymeZ28
I do have one quick suggestion for those who see this topic looking and considering possible routes themselves. The SLP loudmouth "muffler" is just a polished pipe essentially, there is nothing inside of it like most companies. Mak,e sure you know your local noise laws because i got pulled over and ticketed for a noise ordinance violation. granted i will never go that way home from work again but it should be considered when purchasing a cat back exhaust. Dont get me wrong i like the sound I just did not expect to be paying more on top of the cost of the exhaust itself.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Overdrive Member

The guy also said it is his DAILY DRIVER, so he should NOT get stickies, and should pick a lesser gear, IMHO.

Obviously, this guy's car has to be a compromise...

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
huge gears, tires spin
tires spin, so you get stickies
good launch + stickies + 4.10's = broken 7.5 inch crapy rear end
wouldnt have broke, if you would have replaced it first
and now you can even resell the old one cuz you broke it
sometimes people on here do stuff half assed

Old 08-01-2010, 12:18 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
The guy also said it is his DAILY DRIVER, so he should NOT get stickies, and should pick a lesser gear, IMHO.

Obviously, this guy's car has to be a compromise...
I drove my car for a year with mickey thompson et streets on it... just fine... except i would have snapped my rear end on a huge hook...

Old 08-01-2010, 12:21 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
He has more then long tubes. Thats a LT1 car and i dont think he is running 1.3 seconds faster then every other stock LT1 car i know.
i know its an lt1 car thanks... and i promise you he ran it... i think i said RUNS but he only got that once.... but it was a freak run... we were all freaking out... hes usually a 13 sec flat

Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

LT1 cars do not run high 12s stock or even 13 flat for that matter. No way in hell thats a stock LT1 car. Now i have seen some impressive improvements from basic bolt ons (intake, headers, drag radials and a T56) should pull 13.5-13.6 with no problem at a little over 100 mph. If he is running any faster then that he has more done then what he is saying or a old owner has done some work. Maybe 1.6 rockers and some 4.10 gears with a good clutch and some sticky tires might get you there. Im just stating data that has been reported and what i have seen for about 10 years now. Most LT1 cars will run 14.0-14.2 stocks. Some guys out there have pulled 13.9s and some of the guys running the stripped down base model (1LE???) cars have pulled 13.7-13.9s but any thing past that just inst stock.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:17 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

where are you located, because we already talked about how dif the times are by altitude...

Old 08-01-2010, 04:52 PM

i did an old school trick that my father taught me, i put the car in neutral when i put it up on the lift. he took a marker and made a line on the inside of the tire and proceeded to rotate the drive shaft by hand, until the mark was right beack where it started. we found out that i have 3.23 gears. the driveshaft rotated a full 3 times and a hair shy of a quarter to get the marker line back to its original spot. for those who have just bought a camaro not knowing what kind of gears they have, although i know not everyone has easy access to a car lift

Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear member

you could do it with jackstands and then just sit under and watch the drive shaft

Old 08-01-2010, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
LT1 cars do not run high 12s stock or even 13 flat for that matter. No way in hell thats a stock LT1 car. Now i have seen some impressive improvements from basic bolt ons (intake, headers, drag radials and a T56) should pull 13.5-13.6 with no problem at a little over 100 mph. If he is running any faster then that he has more done then what he is saying or a old owner has done some work. Maybe 1.6 rockers and some 4.10 gears with a good clutch and some sticky tires might get you there. Im just stating data that has been reported and what i have seen for about 10 years now. Most LT1 cars will run 14.0-14.2 stocks. Some guys out there have pulled 13.9s and some of the guys running the stripped down base model (1LE???) cars have pulled 13.7-13.9s but any thing past that just inst stock.
hey man! There are alot of things that can change E/Ts! Sea Level Elevation, Temperature, Humidity, Track Prep, and last but not least, driver!!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Overdrive Member

Nice, thanks for the tip. 4-post lift, NOT roll-on!

Originally Posted by tuletymeZ28
i did an old school trick that my father taught me, i put the car in neutral when i put it up on the lift. he took a marker and made a line on the inside of the tire and proceeded to rotate the drive shaft by hand, until the mark was right beack where it started. we found out that i have 3.23 gears. the driveshaft rotated a full 3 times and a hair shy of a quarter to get the marker line back to its original spot. for those who have just bought a camaro not knowing what kind of gears they have, although i know not everyone has easy access to a car lift

Quick Reply: What is the easiest ways and most cost effective ways to lower my 1/4 time?