Weird area between hood and windshield

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 11:42 AM
4th Gear Member

i never heard of a shop that does good work an bad work. i guess you get .what you pay of for ,?? ,i see it now would be nice to see it above. from not so close an bigger pictures ,reputation is everything with paint shops,a good paint job cost like 3 to 5k around hear ,unless you know a friend.still dont see how they did it if they sand blasted the car an prepped it right there should be no problems,was it a fade in or not ,i have seen some good fade ins on my car until i bought painted .body parts wich have held up fine. but its off on passengers side . the color match that is ,but thats my fault,if you went to maaco ? wich does not have a good rep ,everything can be done right ,just depends on who is doing it an what a person can accept for imperfections bubbleing is one know one will deal with. BBB is what i would do get you money back an go to a real paint shop,its allways smart to take before pictures of your car to show them or anyone of concern like the BBB,i take pictures every year of my car in case of accidents,dont see why they would have needed to take that part out to paint the car as well ,that would have been tapped off ,this car has never been in accident ??,post some full pictures of your paint job all the way around the car an use tinypic if your pictures are not comeing out with flicker tinypic.com simple as this it not enough to see what your talking about with a bad paint job

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 07-27-2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: ,
Old 07-27-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
i never heard of a shop that does good work an bad work. i guess you get .what you pay of for ,?? ,i see it now would be nice to see it above. from not so close an bigger pictures ,reputation is everything with paint shops,a good paint job cost like 3 to 5k around hear ,unless you know a friend.still dont see how they did it if they sand blasted the car an prepped it right there should be no problems,was it a fade in or not ,i have seen some good fade ins on my car until i bought painted .body parts wich have held up fine. but its off on passengers side . the color match that is ,but thats my fault,if you went to maaco ? wich does not have a good rep ,everything can be done right ,just depends on who is doing it an what a person can accept for imperfections bubbleing is one know one will deal with. BBB is what i would do get you money back an go to a real paint shop,its allways smart to take before pictures of your car to show them or anyone of concern like the BBB,i take pictures every year of my car in case of accidents,dont see why they would have needed to take that part out to paint the car as well ,that would have been tapped off ,this car has never been in accident ??,post some full pictures of your paint job all the way around the car an use tinypic if your pictures are not comeing out with flicker tinypic.com simple as this it not enough to see what your talking about with a bad paint job
They have a reputation as being the best in town...but, this job isn't the best. It definitely isn't Maaco. They are getting about $5,000 between insurance and me. They were supposed to do a full paint job but I don't really know how to tell except that I did see some pictures of it taken apart for paint. I didn't take the car, I had them mark the spots and they are supposed to fix them. If I go back and it is still bad I will take pics and post them. It's really little things they should have caught, like a few little scratches in a spot, or a little black paint bleeding onto the white where it was taped. I know they have different painters and employees with different skill levels so they are doing different levels of work.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:08 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camarosrfun
I think you're probably right. I wasn't aware of that until after they had already re-painted it. I googled it after they said they were having problems. I knew my paint job was bad but I didn't know it was a known problem. I told them about it and they were so confident about the new paint. I don't know exactly what to do. The paint job will have a warranty so do I just go back every couple months? Also, that area was covered completely by insurance so I don't know if I need to let them know or what. I am extra upset because I actually took the car into the Chevrolet dealership for the bubbles under warranty back in 2002 or 2003 and they didn't properly fix the problem. I really want to call and give them a hard time but I don't think they could do anything and the same people probably aren't there. I really don't know what to do at this point.
Too bad the dealer didn't do you right,by that time they should have know it was a problem that required more than a re-paint. Did you buy the car new?
I didn't know about the issue until after I bought my '01 SS last year, I had a '93 Z28 hardtop and it had no problems of course. Now I'm looking at an expensive fix as mine gets worse. I love the car and have spent many thousands in mods already so it will get fixed at some point.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:02 PM
4th Gear Member

then so that part was already out of place the plastic around the window ,thats alot of money for even minor imperfections,materials for a paint job are like $400.00 at $200.00 a gallon.i have something simular on my bumper they pained it ,before i said pleace take out the spider spots they did then they missed a tiny scratch on the drivers side.they may be like you said have better paint guys then others ,or like the place i went to ,did good work for about 5 years then the owner let his son take over ,they went to hel from there,one thing is for sure body work cost way to much #1 so when you pay alot of money you want a desent.paint job an for 5k you should get a desent paint job for sure .i can have mine painted for about 2k or under couse my friend. favors an i would help him prep the car too ,but it looks ok for now so not this year

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 07-28-2017 at 12:05 PM.