RANTING!!! V6 Comments!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by RSMan02
Maybe GM will call me someday and want to pay me $1,000,000 for my RS, so they can put it in a museum. HIGH HOPES!

I had something like that happen with my 66 Mustang GT. We need to go back to 1994 when the first retro Mustangs came out, I had my newly restored 66 GT and it was getting to be winter, I lived in a small town that didnt have a snow plow but it did have a Ford dealer. I heard that they just got their first new pony in and I went to see it, and I drove my GT. I had just about the entire sales staff out looking at my car and the sales manager wanted to talk to me after they all looked at the car for a while. I went into his office and he asked me if they could "borrow" my car for a while. Apparently the Owner of the dealership wanted to display the new with the first gen on the showroom. I didnt like driving the car in the ice and snow so I said they could "borrow" the car until spring if they were willing to detail it and give it an oil change. As it turned out my car got to stay inside all winter, I got a really nice detail including a buff job and when I looked in the glove box was a thank you card with $100 and a book for free servicing for the next 5 years.

Massey

Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

That was a pretty cool deal. Free servicing for the next 5 years can really add up. I would've done the same thing. Your 66 must have been very nice. I remember when the 94 Mustangs were introduced. They were a completely different direction, but I fell in love with the styling. In 93, I really didn't know what to think of the Camaros. I really enjoyed the 3rd Gens and they threw me for a loop. As time went on, they really grew on me. I know this is a Camaro forum, but I'm a true muscle car lover. I wouldn't turn any of them down. The cars I really fell in love with were the 4th Gen Trans Ams. Especially the 98s to 02s when they mounted those awesome hoods on 'em. Wow! I really veered off track on this post.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Overdrive Member

This is what I started with

Name:  mustang2-1.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  48.4 KB

This is about 9 months later

Name:  mustang.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  73.8 KB

The car pretty much looked like the bottom pic when it stayed at the dealership. It was actually the following winter.

Massey