Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Ride of the month forum comments

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:55 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Ride of the month forum comments

I think this ROTM is a backwards. I think you should put the idea out there, then people submit their entries and then we vote. That way your idea of taking a pick infront of a certain thing will work better. Not to just nominate people and then they go do the task you ask. So many good camaros are getting left out of this. It works your way if you are nominating a certain gen or type but not when it comes to a certain task. Just my opinion.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 AM
I Like to Party

Originally Posted by orocker
I think this ROTM is a backwards. I think you should put the idea out there, then people submit their entries and then we vote. That way your idea of taking a pick infront of a certain thing will work better. Not to just nominate people and then they go do the task you ask. So many good camaros are getting left out of this. It works your way if you are nominating a certain gen or type but not when it comes to a certain task. Just my opinion.
Technically it's their fault (the ones getting left out) because they dont stick around and pay attention enough to really understand and appreciate the ROTM, they just say "I gotta nice Camaro, ill post some pics of it on CF, maybe ask a question and bail". Alot of the nominated people are on regularly and just want a chance to show off their ride and stick around to appreciate it

Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I Like to Party

Hey look we got our own thread..

Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i hope you dont mind O and ill, i made a thread for voicing rotm concerns and moved your comments to it. to kick it off, i would say the low numbers of participats and votes is a indicator of its success. or could be that arrow is that good.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I Like to Party

Oh I don't mind at all,just throwing my thoughts out there,it was more of a response to what O said,not stating she's wrong though,we cool

Old 12-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

O, if I understand you correctly, then I think you bring up a good point. See if I'm on the right track here. With the normal, generation specific ROTM, you get nominated from being "known" here. And yes, like it or not, sometimes part of it can be a popularity contest.
What I think you're saying about the "themed" ROTM, is that the rest of us would have no idea that you could have the perfect setting to compete with. What it boils down to is, with the normal gen/ROTM, we know what your car looks like to decide whether or not to nominate. But with the themed setting, we wouldn't have a clue about what you have to offer. If that was your point, then it's a good one.
One issue though, is that if one was interested in competing, they would have to jump on it right away, as time is of the essence. The one flaw I see in the current setup is someone may get nominated for something they might not want to participate in. Not a biggie, since they can back out, but still. Like this month for instance, I don't want in.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

I see what you're saying 69. Maybe the issue for me is the lack of gen noms. Now its more of a task oriented thing which I think is ok. But maybe you need to combine the gen with the task. idk.....just kindof throwing it out there.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I don't know what nj's plans are, but I don't think the "task" ROTM's are going to be the standard, or the only thing. A mix and match makes better sense, plus I think he's just trying to change things up a little to keep the "same old ROTM" from getting stale.