Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:18 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

haha, if y'all give me money I would spend it on food instead

Ordered viton valve seals (for more valve lift clearance), a paper timing cover gasket, some arp moly lube, and a ZZP sticker for my tool box. Cam, flywheel bolts, and oil pump cover bolts remain. Tried to order the cam today, but ARH never answered the phone or my e-mail, so that's on standby. Tomorrow I call Scoggin ****ey to see about returning the main bearings they sent me (wrong bearings on their part), and will try abbott after that. If Scoggin takes the bearings back, then I can afford to have the valve guides cut and get a cam with a bit more lift.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

salmon are stacking up at boniville, go snag a few. wrong bearings is a bummer. yah i think im in the same boat as u cept about a yr behind. outa bucks sucks. lol i just about have everything i need for the new motor. heads and intake are done should be here next week, cam is here, need lifters, pushrods and rockers and should be about done with parts for the motor. then i have to save for the trany and converter, headers and exhaust, then ill do the big change. probly next spring. then its save for the rear end cause ill be blowin it.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Hmm, sounds like fun. Us NW guys need to meet up sometime, there's a few of us on this forum.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:16 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah but figureing out a time of yr that would work would be tough. im going into a busy time now so time is rare. fish are biting here on the willapa for the last week. gillnetting starts in a few weeks so gotta start gitin ready for that. now thats fun.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:26 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm a weird fisherman, I go down south to Strawberry lake, it's a remote lake that you have to hike to from a dry campsite, and sit in my rubber raft in the middle of the lake with some bait hanging from a bobber. Then I take a nap for a few hours, wake up, bring in my rainbow trout, row to shore, hike back and have fish for dinner cooked over a camp fire (gut it, and stuff cheese, salt/pepper, and onion in it, wrap it in foil, and cook. Goes good with baked potato cooked in a similar way, wrapped in foil). That's what I call fishing and relaxation, best vacation you can have. It's a long up-hill hike to the lake though, and hope to goodness that your boat doesn't pop, that water is insanely cold up there.

Heh, I always say that the fish interrupt my nap on the lake

Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You haulted a perfectly good Camaro project so you could work on a Mustang! Where are the towns people? Bring on the torchs! We will be over to discuss this as soon as possible.

Sorry, I understand we all do what we have to but I had to bust your kohunas for that

Old 08-22-2009, 08:33 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, that's understandable. Our stang ran a best of 10.49 though (351 cleveland), the pony aint slow, and we just ordered a forged 408 stroker kit for it. When an engine does this, it's worth messing with :P

Name:  100_2370.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  113.7 KB

Old 08-23-2009, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

Have often to you come down to Utah Music?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:20 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Not very often. Most of the time if I'm going that way, I'm heading for Nevada.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:22 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Oh yeah, just thought I'd add this. My 315's throw all kinds of crap on my fenders, so I'm making some splash guards. Here's my poster-board mock-up, pardon the dirty ride and skinny drag wheels on the front. I've been showing this pic around, and people seem to want to buy them. If all goes well, maybe I'll become a sponsor and sell these, we'll see.

Name:  0823091312a.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  96.9 KB

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper