Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Get the hood if you absolutely need to (as in for more space under it) otherwise screw it. Let me explain.

I get so many dirty looks from the cops with my Z28. Definitely a good car to impress other dudes (girls prefer it over a normal car, but it's not exactly a "magnet") but to be honest the way cops look at me is really annoying. In my area people go around in AMG and M5 and M3 and STI and RX8....I mean, seriously? It's a 15 year old car...

I'm taking that damn badge off. Screw this. Screw V8 too, next time it breaks down I'm exchanging for V6. Can't get 11mpg for god's sake.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

It's that hood or an SS one (and I'm not fond of making a six look like an ss). the lt1 ss hoods look pretty damned good. This is a far-away project though.

For gas mileage, I think mine went up, haven't run a full tank through yet, so we'll see. It definitely is reasonable to daily drive, that's for sure.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MusicMan
For gas mileage, I think mine went up, haven't run a full tank through yet, so we'll see. It definitely is reasonable to daily drive, that's for sure.
what exactly is reasonable to drive? lol we talkin better than 20?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Yup, better than 20, street/highway mix (50/50). This tank won't be a good example due to the racing this weekend, but the next tank should. It's all in the tune, if you get your afr right, and make the engine run efficient, it'll do great on mileage.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Thumbs up like it

Re: the roof - I saw an earlier post I think you said you were going to paint the roof black.

Love the wheels/tires. uh, torque thrust II?

Do you have a web link for the stripe?

Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
1st Gear Member

nice 20+ and a kick ace ride is always nice. and i would stay with ur hood now. it really keeps your stock look but like u said the exhaust scares away any potential punks anyway so a hood would only help that prolly but i love how stock you have kept this thing the whole time imo...

Old 10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 96 3.8L Texas
Re: the roof - I saw an earlier post I think you said you were going to paint the roof black.

Love the wheels/tires. uh, torque thrust II?

Do you have a web link for the stripe?
Yup, roof will be black eventually, love the look. Windows will get some tint too, but will be legal (cops love picking off tinted cars out here, it sucks). Wheels are chrome TTM's, I like the deep dish look on the back wheels, and chrome is easier to keep glossy than aluminum. Stripes are from www.rallystripes.com, silver outline is just pinstripe tape from the local parts store.

Originally Posted by pedwards3x
nice 20+ and a kick ace ride is always nice. and i would stay with ur hood now. it really keeps your stock look but like u said the exhaust scares away any potential punks anyway so a hood would only help that prolly but i love how stock you have kept this thing the whole time imo...
I might stick with the same style hood. If anything I want a lighter fiberglass one, so I might replace it with a vfn stocker. The exhaust won't be loud for long, I'm putting the muffler that was on it when I bought it back on next weekend, and leaving the dynamax bullet the the rumbler came with on as well. Should be pretty tame.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:57 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'll wait for the Vid

I'm extremely curious about this Ebay CAI. If it makes that much of a difference, I'll be in the market.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm just going to have to make my own, I'm dead broke. I did make a basic one today though. I put the stock air box back in, modified it a bit, and ran a 3" flexible aluminum hose up to the 90* elbow on the TB. It's still really restrictive, the elbow is the problem (very thick material, small on the inside). I'll post a pic tomorrow. It is less restrictive than the ebay one though, so it'll do for now. It's still rich at WOT, but 11.0, not pegged.

Video is in the drag race thread now.

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper