Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

block looks great...what colors you finally decide on doin when your done? its coming along great and i love following this thread and seein what the 6s can really do...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Haven't decided on a color. Still thinking silver at the moment.

I'm in Utah for Speed Week at the Salt Flats again this year, so I've not been working on my motor. I was working on porting my heads, and took my glasses off since they were fogging up. I promptly got metal shavings lodged in my left eye and had to get driven to the emergency room to have it all removed. Glasses stay on from here on out. That was a very bad experience.

Also ordered my Comp 130# valve springs, comp locks, comp retainers, and comp re-usable rocker arm bolts. All I have left to order are my cometic mls headgaskets and paper timing cover gasket. Heads are taking a long time to work, I've got un-steady hands and don't want to hurt the valve seat.

edit: oh, and my short block is assembled, got all the pistons, rings, and bearings in finally.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

isnt it fun stuff? we've been putting the motor together this week. we checked valve clearance and torqued the heads down tonight.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

It would be more fun if I had it done, lol

I finished the intake ports on 1 head, spent many hours on them. Still have the exhaust on that head, and the other head that I haven't touched yet to do. I'm taking my time, no hurry.

Also flashed in a stock tune, the pcm4less one was giving me hell. The old engine is also guzzling oil faster now, I've gotta get it out of there.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pacific_L36
Haven't decided on a color. Still thinking silver at the moment.

I'm in Utah for Speed Week at the Salt Flats again this year, so I've not been working on my motor. I was working on porting my heads, and took my glasses off since they were fogging up. I promptly got metal shavings lodged in my left eye and had to get driven to the emergency room to have it all removed. Glasses stay on from here on out. That was a very bad experience.

Also ordered my Comp 130# valve springs, comp locks, comp retainers, and comp re-usable rocker arm bolts. All I have left to order are my cometic mls headgaskets and paper timing cover gasket. Heads are taking a long time to work, I've got un-steady hands and don't want to hurt the valve seat.

edit: oh, and my short block is assembled, got all the pistons, rings, and bearings in finally.
I'm ashamed that I don't even know of the events that are taking place in my own state. (Utah) ha

Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

weres the pictures. lol. utah sounds hot.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Overdrive Member

the pics are in the sights and sounds section

Old 08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Springs, retainers, locks, and rocker bolts came yesterday, just got back from a second vacation up to Silverwood in Idaho. btw, awesome wooden roller coasters there

We've been pulling the engine out of the mustang today, threw a rod threw the oil pan a week ago. Haven't had time to mess with my engine. Tomorrow I'll be ordering my headgaskets and paper timing cover gasket from ZZP, and will call Abbott Racing to order their NA cam. I won't be going custom, budget just fell apart, and can't afford the machine work on the guides to run a bigger cam.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:23 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Sooo, I looked at my check book. I'm almost out of money. I've got enough to finish the engine, but I have to use the felpro headgaskets now, can't afford the $180 cometics. I will still be able to spray 100 easily, but that's it.

Here's the shortblock as it it sits right now. Just need to get the cam here and I'll put the timing cover, chain, balancer, and water pump on it.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

so should we start a jazz fund. lol. u should wait and make more money.,,, not.

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper