Project Bone Maro 2000 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear member

That really sucks man, especially if it's to the point you want to move.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by DarkFox
Ran into a bit of an issue yesterday..

so this guy that lives 2 houses over drives a mustang with open pipes, no mufflers.

He moved in 6 months after I bought my house and my life has pretty much been a constant living hell since then. He seems to have no job or responsibilities beacuse he's up late at night every night reving his engine and doing burnouts in the neighborhood etc.

since I'm 50% underwater on my home I'm trapped.. and I've made it a note to simply leave my house when this happens, even if it means renting a hotel room. Something I haven't yet done, but considered.

Yesterday was no exception. After the 3rd time he fired his car up (which was IN THE ROAD btw.) I had enough and I left. Now I admittedly was driving pretty fast because I was in a bad mood from this and a lot of other factors that I'd rather not explain.. and his GF pulled up behind his car, also in the road.. and almost opened her door into the front of my truck as I drove by, and was yelling at me.

I'm sure she'll tell her BF that I almost sideswiped her or something.. this guy has threatened me before. (because I've called the police on him 5 times. Reving your engine up at 11pm on a wednesday is not acceptable.)

long story short.. I need to get out of this place.. and if I have to make financial sacrifices.. this project will be the first to get the axe.

I was looking today at getting the a/c fixed. The cheapest I can find is $500 for the repair plus labor and freon. this would enable me to drive the car again, and would let me park the truck behind the fence and put a lock on it, it may deter vandalism. (it's happened before... my property is vandalized quite a bit actually..3 times in 4 years.) but that doesn't fix my problem.

What I need is to REALLY fix this problem. I am not happy and do not feel safe at my home. I don't know what to do..
I know we don't know each other but your post got me really annoyed. I was in a similar situation when I lived in an apartment a while back. In a nutshell I had some noisy neighbors who were also bullies. They didn't care about bothering others and actually seemed to make a point of doing so. In the end, I just kept putting a lot of pressure on the police to do something. They eventually arrested one of the guys and charged him with disturbing the peace. That was just an apartment in my case. You are dealing with this as a homeowner. Please continue to put pressure on the police even if it means calling them every time this guy cranks the car up. He is running an off-road setup and can be fined for running it on-road. Also, emphasize to the police how unsafe you have been made to feel. You are a taxpayer, get the benefits and protections due you.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Figures that it's a Mustang owner, what an idiot. Is there any way you can get the police to check his exhaust?

If I may quote x01660- "Kill all the Rustanks!!!"

Old 08-24-2011, 12:57 PM
2nd Gear member

I may be rude too, but that would be great if they were. Then you can move on with your project in peace.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I sure as hell would not let him or anyone else run me off.
I love confrontations. LOLZ.
I am old and fat, but I can take a punch. Then it's my turn.
As far as someone jacking with my property, that's where they stepped over the line. A car motor doesn't run very good with all the oil drained out...

Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by Psycho
A car motor doesn't run very good with all the oil drained out...
I can second that one. My oil filter blew out causing my oil to pump all over the ground and my engine spun a bearing. Good times!

Massey

Old 08-27-2011, 03:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Your truck must not be a SS. I read somewhere that it meant from Station to Station.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I think it's your posi unit, disengaging. It shouldn't do that normally. Take the cover off and drain the fluid and replace the lube. At the least check the lube level through the fill hole.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

This build thread is epic. So much heart is being put into it. I love it.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DarkFox
There's a LOT of grinding in the rearend when I make turns. It whirs, starting at a high pitch and getting lower as I go through the turn.

at 60+ it whines, but only when I'm on the gas.

I'm not really concerned about it really, I was worried it was a front end problem.
Well, that rearend will probably be getting replaced eventually anyways.

Quick Reply: Project Bone Maro 2000 Z28