Picked up a Billet steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Picked up a Billet steering wheel

Before everyone goes off about the air bag, I don't put 5000 miles on my car every year and it's never driven in the winter,

it should be here this week and comes with the Billet adapter already installed..

I think it will look great on my Camaro..

Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Question

where did ya get this?..Link

Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

here ya go

link...

Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes

BTW, for those interested here is the Federal Law concerning the removal or deactivation of Airbags..

link..

As part of its efforts to address the problem of the adverse effects of current air bag designs on children and certain adults, NHTSA is issuing this proposal to make it possible for vehicle owners to have their air bags deactivated by vehicle dealers and repair businesses. Vehicle owners may decide for themselves to have their air bags deactivated because they drive their vehicles under circumstances that resemble those in which people have already been killed by air bags or simply because of their generalized concern about air bags.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Just be sure YOU are the only one who will ever drive your car. Loan the car out, and you're leaving yourself wide open for a huge lawsuit should that person get injured in a crash, where the airbag could have otherwise left them uninjured. That may be something they'd have to prove in court, but it would still cost you big bucks to defend yourself. Probably wouldn't hurt to consult with your insurance company too.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I hear ya, I'm the only one that drives the car, my kids are grown and moved away..

thanks for the input..

Old 07-16-2013, 07:42 PM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hmmm I like the wheal but I'm not sure about on a forth gen. I think it has to much of an oldschool look for that. Just my opinion Though.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Just be sure YOU are the only one who will ever drive your car. Loan the car out, and you're leaving yourself wide open for a huge lawsuit should that person get injured in a crash, where the airbag could have otherwise left them uninjured. That may be something they'd have to prove in court, but it would still cost you big bucks to defend yourself. Probably wouldn't hurt to consult with your insurance company too.
I called the Insurance co and the national highway people, because my wife is only 5'2 and doesn't meet the minimum distance you need to be from the airbag, I'm allowed to turn it off or take it out. In an accident it would probably kill her..

Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by IndianScout
I called the Insurance co and the national highway people, because my wife is only 5'2 and doesn't meet the minimum distance you need to be from the airbag, I'm allowed to turn it off or take it out. In an accident it would probably kill her..
Originally Posted by IndianScout
I hear ya, I'm the only one that drives the car, my kids are grown and moved away..

thanks for the input..
OK, Just make sure if you sell it you get the new buyer to sign something that says they are aware it was removed. Lawyers for the relatives of a dead teenager are not going to go for "I told him".

Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

the NTSA makes you put yellow stickers on the door jams and on the inside of the glove box saying the airbag has been removed or disabled, the passenger side still works..

if anyone falls into this catagory that has a short wife or GF that drives your car or if you are disabled here's the link to make the request..

from your chest to the center of the steering wheel you have to be 10" away or the airbag could possibly kill you..

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shop...ation+Requests

the info page that is very important..

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shop...cal+Conditions

Last edited by IndianScout; 07-18-2013 at 08:10 PM.