Noobie here

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Default Noobie here

Hey what's up!

As the title says, I'm a noobie. I'm also a noobie to chevy cars as I've never owned one before. I've come a long way to get where I'm at right now as I've never been able to afford the car that I've always wanted. I went from ricing out Honda's to driving a 1999 V8 Ford Taurus SHO (Had the hardest time finding anyone that could work on the car and knew what they were doing). I loved my SHO but after spending so much money just trying to keep the thing on the road, I picked it up from the shop and drove it to NY where it broke down again and I left it for the dealer to go pick it up. I never saw the car again and was forced into a ford contour, at least it was a V6. But as luck would have it, PPA took my car for unpaid parking tickets which I didn't get (long story) and wanted $3,000 to get my car back. For that amount of money, I could go get a better car which I thought I did. Got taken by another dealer into leasing a 2002 Hyundai Elantra which I thought I was buying until the Dealership appeared on the local news and I was interviewed by them asking if I read what I signed. Turned out, I didn't buy a car, I was leasing a POS for $15,000 which when the contract was up, I still would not own the car and had to dish out more money just to gain access to the title. That car was in the shop every week, though it was still drivable.

So, I gave that POS back to them and began my search for a V6 car that would truly begin my journey towards a V8 that has some muscle behind it. That's when I saw her, a 1994 V6 Chevy Camaro. She wasn't a V8 and far from being a LS1 or LT1. But, for now, this is what I can afford. I'm saving for the day to purchase my first LS1 or LT1. In the meantime, I can look fast can't I?

Peace

Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
3rd Gear Member

uh , wow. i had a 88 taurus back in high school, girls used to always compliment the red velvet seats
how much did you pay for the v6 camaro? how many miles? pics?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:39 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

This is true. I didn't have the money for a v8 when I bought my car either... However, it's on the way Good luck with the first Camaro. Post pics!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

sounds like my story. I just bought my first v6 camaro a week ago from today. I have never been happier... minus the few tweaks that i need to fix on the car. I have owned a 87 toyota pickup for thirteen years and love it to death... but it wasnt so reliable and I finally got the funds to get my dream. I also am building a chevy big block for the car someday. can you say 454?? It will be several years before I finish that build.... but I am in no hurry. gotta get through college first. anyways, good luck with your car. keep us updated.