need some major help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

for an oil change, first heat your engine up to about at lease 180 degrees. a 15mm wrench/socket, oil filter wrench, a container for the oil to drain in and a floor jack and a jackstand. i usually jack up the driver side. when the oil pan plug is almost out and starts to drip, screw it in a little so it stops. take off the oil filter then take the plug out, and make sure they drain all the way into the pan. let it drain for about 30 minutes so it all gets out. and to help, remove the oil filler cap so it drains faster. put the plug back on, new oil filter, and fill it up with 5 qts. there. thats how i do it.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
1st Gear Member

oh yeah and watch your hands cause that oil is hot. you can fish the plug out of the pan if it falls in later. and i also forgot to state that before you put the new filter in, rub the rubber gasket with either your new oil or the old oil. i usually just use the old oil.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks, u went above and beyond what I was asking.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i know your excited but your jumping the gun here lol no offense i would start with small mods at first and once you learn how to drive the car to the best of it's abilities stock then you can start with the crazy mods your thinking of, your also young so be careful don't race everyone you see on the road thats how people get hurt, i don't mean to be a stick in the mud but just saying you don't want to hurt yourself or others, learn the car as much as you can then start having some fun!, i personally would start with a CAI (cold air intake), a High Flow Cat if it doesn't have one, then go from there. like i said have fun take it one step at a time and don't waste all your money in one place. it's no fun if you just get all the mods you can at once, you'll enjoy them if you do them one at a time, alot more then all at once.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

^^^ cool barn.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Tonylig928
i know your excited but your jumping the gun here lol no offense i would start with small mods at first and once you learn how to drive the car to the best of it's abilities stock then you can start with the crazy mods your thinking of, your also young so be careful don't race everyone you see on the road thats how people get hurt, i don't mean to be a stick in the mud but just saying you don't want to hurt yourself or others, learn the car as much as you can then start having some fun!, i personally would start with a CAI (cold air intake), a High Flow Cat if it doesn't have one, then go from there. like i said have fun take it one step at a time and don't waste all your money in one place. it's no fun if you just get all the mods you can at once, you'll enjoy them if you do them one at a time, alot more then all at once.

Look before you leap comes to mind, thanks for telling me the truth (something i didnt want to hear) but was needed. Dont worry bout me puttin all my cash in one place aka the car, i got to get through school. and paying for college your self is a challange in its own self. but I think Ill end this thread for now and take some advice for once. ( but i will do the CAI and some header and full exhust) then it will be time to enjoy the fruits of my labor. i rather be around so i can work on the car than to race for a moment............ but dont get me wrong i do like to push that gas pedal!!

ps. i respct your honesty, and i wasnt even close to being offended

Old 08-15-2009, 02:36 AM
3rd Gear Member

you said u needed some basic tools? a good socket set is very helpful, cheapo code reader, and a friend with alot of tools helps.