Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   need some major help (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/need-some-major-help-40486/)

thegluefactory 07-09-2009 05:37 PM

need some major help

1 Attachment(s)
my cuzin is gonna sell me his 94 z28 for like 3000. this is gonna be my first car i can be proud of. now to cut to the chase, i dont know how to make this thing any better, i know these things have major potential but i just dont know where to start lookin to unlock it all. just to give you a lil history bout the car i know it has a flowmaster exhaust and some kind of racing chip( thats the only peformance stuff thats on the car) all the rest of the upgrades are 22" rims, new paint, 2 12" subs, 4 6x9's and a screen in the dash for dvds and music. so can some one please help me with makin this car better than it already is.Attachment 999

ps. i want to make this a "sleeper" cause its gonna be a everyday driver, but i want it to be able to hold its own on the road and the track. and i hate to admit this but i dont know how to work on cars

chadillac4110 07-09-2009 06:04 PM

Dont worry, Glue. I don't really know how to work on cars much either. But I did do my cold air intake. It's really easy and relatively cheap. It will increase horsepower and gas mileage. That's the easiest upgrade I can think of.

Saint_Ali 07-09-2009 06:12 PM

check out the sticky "where to start modding" in the 4th gen section or "LT1 FAQ and Tech" in the LT1 section, also please dont make multiple posts for the same question

black95z28 07-09-2009 06:16 PM

first, get rid of the twanks and put some nice 17 or 18" z06 or zr1 rims on it. those look stupid on there. if it needs it, give it a tune. new plugs, wires, etc.

thegluefactory 07-09-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Saint_Ali (Post 341443)
check out the sticky "where to start modding" in the 4th gen section or "LT1 FAQ and Tech" in the LT1 section, also please dont make multiple posts for the same question

my bad man wont happen again. i was just trying to get the most input. so i can have an idea of where to start. and ill go check out the LT1 article.

thegluefactory 07-09-2009 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by black95z28 (Post 341445)
first, get rid of the twanks and put some nice 17 or 18" z06 or zr1 rims on it. those look stupid on there. if it needs it, give it a tune. new plugs, wires, etc.

hey black he just got a tune up like 2 weeks ago.

thegluefactory 07-09-2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by chadillac4110 (Post 341440)
Dont worry, Glue. I don't really know how to work on cars much either. But I did do my cold air intake. It's really easy and relatively cheap. It will increase horsepower and gas mileage. That's the easiest upgrade I can think of.

so did it make a big diffrence

Gorn 07-09-2009 08:14 PM

A sleeper with Z28 badges and 22 inch rims? All you need to a blower coming out of the hood and you will have the whole sleeper thing nailed down.

I don't think term "sleeper" means what you think it means.

A Camaro is rarly concidered a sleeper. A sleeper is a all out race car that look like a car your Grandfather would own. It was most common used in Street drag racing where people try to size up a car before the bets are laid down. It has grown to mean any car that is fast but does not look like it should be. It would be hard for me to concider any of the pony cars "sleepers" because there are so many built up.

thegluefactory 07-09-2009 08:45 PM

Well I'm gonna drop the 22 and put the stock wheels back on, also I wanted to take the z28 off .I just want it to look like the base modle camaro. I guess I the term wrong but u get what I'm sayin. I want the outside to be plain but the engin to be crazy.

osduck5 07-09-2009 09:02 PM

Just drive it and be happy! JMO. There will be plenty of things to spend your money on with regular maint and keeping a good set of tires on it.