LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

need some major help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:18 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default need some major help

Originally Posted by thegluefactory
my cuzin is gonna sell me his 94 z28 for like 3000. this is gonna be my first car i can be proud of. now to cut to the chase, i dont know how to make this thing any better, i know these things have major potential but i just dont know where to start lookin to unlock it all. just to give you a lil history bout the car i know it has a flowmaster exuast and some kind of racing chip( thats the only peformance stuff thats on the car) all the rest of the upgrades are 22" rims, new paint, 2 12" subs, 4 6x9's and a screen in the dash for dvds and music. so can some one please help me with makin this car better than it already is.Attachment 998
ps i dont know how to work on cars( yet ), i want to fix it up MYSELF as much as possible and have a pro do the real hard stuff

Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 PM

Starting out by finishing the exhaust would be a good idea. A nice set of headers (long or short) and a cold air induction kit would be a great start. Maybe an airfoil for the throttle body (if it's still stock) would help as well. This are the first few things i threw at mine when i first got it.

Garry

Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Yarg123
Starting out by finishing the exhaust would be a good idea. A nice set of headers (long or short) and a cold air induction kit would be a great start. Maybe an airfoil for the throttle body (if it's still stock) would help as well. This are the first few things i threw at mine when i first got it.

Garry

What's a air foil do? And how hard is it to add headers and a airfoil

Old 07-10-2009, 02:24 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I sent you an email because I think I wrote way, way too much to post here. In the email, I named several of the modifications you can do to increase horsepower. I broke everything down into the intake, compression, combustion, and exhaust stroke of the engine along with several of the things you can do to imrove each stroke. The throttle body foil is also covered (since you asked). I have not done most of the modifications that I have listed, but I have done and am still doing a lot of research before I spend the money. Let me know if you have any questions. If I can't answer your question about a mod, I'm sure there are people on this forum who have done the mod who can.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 AM
In the Staging Lanes

hey thanks exacto. Im glad i came here. i know that people out there have each other backs with out even knowing them. i promise ill return the favor.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:59 AM
In the Staging Lanes

dang exacto i feel like i just read a passage from the bible. it was life changing.(thanks a bunch man) now all i need to find is the right tools and somebody willing to teach a young buck how to fix his car up

Old 07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
4th Gear Member

right up top here, yeh, right up there is an FAQ and includes basic bolt ons.

the search feature will show countless threads on headers, mods etc

bear in mind that some things done in one part of the country by members, aren't allowed in other areas where emissions get tested.

Example, I have no AIR, EGR or catalytic converter and have long tubes going right to the magnaflow exhaust. I don't think I'd be OK in California.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for that. I am new to the camaro community( so new that I spelled camaro with an "e" ). But all you guys are very helpful.