Lt1 or ls1

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Overdrive Member

I too have lost a friend in an accident. That is not the event that stopped me from street racing. Late night comming home from a friends hose. We were heading to a spot known as Banner Jump when we noticed headlights on the tree tops. This area of road had deep ditches. We slowed down and when we got to the bottom of the hill we noticed 2 cars, One Camaro on the side of the road and one Firebird in the ditch nose up. The guy driving the Camaro was freaking out. I went down the hill to check on the driver of the firebird. When I got to the car I could see the damage and the driver was in really bad shape. She was bleeding from her head and was pinned between the seat and steering wheel.

I yelled up to my friend to go and call 911, since this was before cell phones were cheap he had to go to a local house. I went back down to stay with her and see if I could help. After a few minutes she opened her eyes and smiled at me, I told her that help was comming. Right after that she went totally limp, stopped breathing, color left her face. She died right there.

Later we found out what happened. They both had 3rd gen TPI cars, and a rivalry about who's car was faster. They decided to race down Banner Rd and were neck and neck at the jump. They hit the intersection at about 100 MPH and in mid air the cars bumped into each other. Her car didnt land right and it flipped, and the drivers side hit the ground, shattering the T-tops, side glass and crushing the roof which pinned her against the wheel and smashed her skull.

I have seen death before, I have lost family but that was the first time I watched death take some one. I still see her face, and I never knew her name.

If you dont think it can happen to you, think again. if you think you are all that, then give me the address I can send the flowers at your funeral.

Massey

Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn Massey......something like that would surely leave a scar for life.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear member

If this kid has any sense of safety, he would read Massey's post and it would make him realize that life is too short to be immature and make stupid decisions that will endanger your life or anyone else. Just looking at what Massey has seen, what Maven went through with his cousin, and what I went through with my brother. You do NOT want to put yourself or your family and friends in that type of position. It will turn your life upside down, your families life upside down, and anyone else's lives upside down. It is not worth the risk at all to seek a little thrill.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by Roachz28
Damn Massey......something like that would surely leave a scar for life.

Yes it did. Her car was later in one of my local yards and I got to really see what happened. I could not take any any parts off of it... It just didnt feel right.

Her boyfriend was sentenced to 5 years for the charges brought against him for his involvment in her death. He also has a burden to live with.

Massey

Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear Member

Oh my goodness! If the kid wants to get a fast car, let him. I was exactly the same way when I was 15. All that I ever wanted was a Camaro with a V8. I got mine when I was 17. I'm 20 years old now and I'm still alive as well as all the passengers that ever rode in my car. Any kid that acts stupid with ANY kind of car will have the potential to kill themselves or others.

Last edited by Buffalo02Z28; 04-13-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I think he's gone fellas. Hopefully he doesnt get his v8 and actually take it to 150. Little tike would lose his license before he even got it.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 AM
2nd Gear member

Dumb kids, needs to start on a i6 explorer like I did and feel how scary it is to get drive 60 in one of those lol (:

This kid reminds me the same as any kid whos never driven before and gets a v6 mustang races it and crashes it the next day etc etc

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I dunno, when I was 15 I of course wanted the fastest and best model. But I know I wasnt worried about going 150, I'm cool with kids getting sports cars but when the first thing that is asked is "can it go 150 or does it govern out at 120" that worries me and other people on here.

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Oh my goodness! If the kid wants to get a fast car, let him. I was exactly the same way when I was 15. All that I ever wanted was a Camaro with a V8. I got mine when I was 17. I'm 20 years old now and I'm still alive as well as all the passengers that ever rode in my car. Any kid that acts stupid with ANY kind of car will have the potential to kill themselves or others.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
1st Gear Member

you can't blame the kid for wanting one of the coolest cars EVER!...lol. i partially blame the parents, hopefully they buy him a honda civic. i know my mom laughed at me when I said i wanted to trade in my s-10 pickup at 16 for a z28 camaro...mainly because my friend had a 5.0 mustang and was always talking s@#!. he also got what ever he wanted as a kid...now that we're 30, we see who's got the better car now.

if the kid is still here, all I can say is take it to the track.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

start with a v6, you wouldnt know how to drive a v8 yet