Lt1 or ls1

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear member

Dude, honestly, where are you going to be going that you always have to do 160mph? If you want to run 1/4 mile and you want to hit 160 in that 1/4 mile, you better save up and build a fiberglass, tube chassis nitro meth car with at least 1200hp to hit 160 in the 1/4 mile.

In all honesty, I am 19, almost 20 now, and I got my Z when I was 16. I was exactly the same as you when I bought my car. All I cared about was what top speed can I hit. Yes, I have done a couple of street races where I hit 150 in my LT1, but that was only a few times, and it wasn't even fun. You get tunnel vision and even with Z rated tires, it gets very shaky very fast.

When you go to college and start working and actually have a life, you will not care at all what top speed you can hit. You will actually probably regret getting a V8 with the way gas prices are sky rocketing, but obviously, not everyone has mommy and daddy paying for their gas and bills. Think of it this way, in NASCAR, cars that weigh about the same with 850hp hit 160 on 1 mile to 1.5 mile tracks, some more than 160 and some less than 160. So if you need a car like that to do 160, how and why would you want to do that illegally on the highway? Because you think your cool? Go ahead and street race your stock V8 and hit 150. All it takes is one STI or Cobalt SS to change your mind that you have "such a fast car dude". Think about it.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey
Bullsh!t you are not even able to drive legally, I know you cant handle a car at speed. Hell I have been driving for 20 years and I am good but I dont claim to be great and I dont drive either of my Camaros at full speed, too dangerous.

Massey

This post represents alot of people! Please, stay away from where I live!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 PM

I can pay for insurance. I know I can drive! I have my permit. And I drive my dads c6 corvette zo6 and my moms 2011 camaro . Thanks for all the help, not...

Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok, not to be sappy, but I lost a few friends as a teenager to car accidents. I've seen some pretty horrible stuff done by teenagers and v8 camaro's, mustangs, vettes, or whatever car was too much for them. I lost friends and watched many of the them wreck their cars in high school trying to be cool with a fast car. Don't be a statistic Kid.

And yeah, if your gonna try to do 150, don't be anywhere near my town.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear member

So you've driven your dads vette with him in the car 170? I highly doubt it.. We did give you help, alot of help. We don't want to see a kid in the news that ripped his camaro in half because he was driving to fast. My cousin died at the age of 19 because she had a vr4 and drove it fast when her boyfriend broke up with her and she ran into a ditch going 150.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

alright big boy on your permit, go buy an ls1 just dont post on this forum about how good you are at getting tickets and risking the lives of other people. I can tell you this from a stand point that I have been close to smashing into the cemenet median before going 130, that was 3 years ago. After that moment I have no problem saying that it changed my life for the better, meanin I'm no longer worrying about racing any ricer,mustang, vette at a stoplight or on the freeway.when I almost ruined my own life, I know I put others at risk which is a much heavier burden and that is what set me straight. I know how upset I would be if some 16 year old kid on his first day getting his license hits my mom and grandma going 150. get a v8 big boy and prepare for big boy responsiblities, cuz if your not responsible your gonna have some problems and johnny law or someones attorney will hold you and your mommy and daddy responsible. thats my 2 cents. I'm 22, not some "old guy" (sorry guys) so dont think im telling you this cuz im grumpy, I tell you this as someone who is closer to your age and has been in your position.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Connor15
I can pay for insurance. I know I can drive! I have my permit. And I drive my dads c6 corvette zo6 and my moms 2011 camaro . Thanks for all the help, not...
Sorry, but hahahaha! Really? "I know I can drive! I have my permit." Jeez dude, please stop being ignorant and actually read what your saying. Like Maven said, we are trying to save your life, not shoot down your hopes and dreams. I am an only child now bc my older brother died from an accident from going too fast. If you love your family and friends, you wouldn't risk your life bc Need for Speed and Fast and Furious have influenced you. We are only trying to save you, but you don't want to hear it. My brother died over 5 years ago and it still hurts every single day of my life. Do you honestly want to do that to your loved ones? Think before you talk, it's so not worth it.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

This is sad, aside from my experiences I lost a childhood friend in a crotch rocket accident, a friend i played baseball with in another accident, and I sat at my best friends side when he was in a coma for 2 weeks after a serious accident.

Originally Posted by MaVeN
So you've driven your dads vette with him in the car 170? I highly doubt it.. We did give you help, alot of help. We don't want to see a kid in the news that ripped his camaro in half because he was driving to fast. My cousin died at the age of 19 because she had a vr4 and drove it fast when her boyfriend broke up with her and she ran into a ditch going 150.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear member

1 more thing bud. I was staying the night at my cousins house and we were playing monopoly and she got a call and he broke up with her, so she said she was going to talk to him and she never came back. I was freaking 12 years old and had to call my grandma to come get me at 3:30 in the morning. And we got a call at 4:00. Driving fast is not a good thing unless your on the strip. I've done it a few times and probably never will again unless I'm on the track. sorry for this, I had to get it out.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

You may be able to "drive", but there is no way in he!! that you can drive WELL. I thought i was ready for a fast car when i turned 16 , then my dad let me drive his TT supra, it was way to much power to control for my maturity level.. and by judging the way your attitude is, well...... anyway. I started with a v6 camaro, and yeah they are not that fast, but it was a great car to learn everything on. Now i am hopefully going to trade it in for an ls1 in a couple weeks.

So get something reasonable that you are less likely to hurt someone in.... and trade it in in time.