Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Exhaust

K i got $500 that i am willing to put onto a new part in the car I wasn't sure what to go with but from the Air Intake and Header I decided to go with a Exhaust system, I'm looking for nice sound and a bit of power gain on the way, any suggestions on what I should look into? Please let me know your opinions and what are your experience(I don't really wanna yell to my GF when shes sitting next to me in the car...). Thanks up front.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:24 PM
3rd Gear Member

If your car is a sixer, I say go with whatever exhaust sounds good to you. Check out Youtube for sound clips.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

i had flowmaster and it sounded pretty good for a six
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BhcjV05j6o

Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
If your car is a sixer, I say go with whatever exhaust sounds good to you. Check out Youtube for sound clips.

So you're saying that no matter what exhaust system I get it won't give me any HP gains, that's fine and also all the clips on you tube that I've seen are with the camera directly behind the car so I can't really tell. Thanks

Old 02-11-2011, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
i had flowmaster and it sounded pretty good for a six
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BhcjV05j6o
Ok cool can you send me the link to the one you bought? Is it ok when it comes to the noise level on the inside? Was it hard to install?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sebi1990
So you're saying that no matter what exhaust system I get it won't give me any HP gains, that's fine and also all the clips on you tube that I've seen are with the camera directly behind the car so I can't really tell. Thanks
Any exhaust system that you get will add power. The stock V6 exhaust is very restrictive.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

i didnt buy the system it was on the car when i got it its basically just a duel outlet muffler and 3 inch cat back pipes then i cut the cat out and welded in a piece of straight pipe

noise inside the car wasnt to bad but you could deff hear it and it will always rasp out mine did at about 3500 rpm

Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Ninja Administrator

is it restrictive at the catback?
the key to adding power through exhaust is that you need to keep everything flowing quickly. a properly made exhaust system will take advantage of the exhaust gasses contracting as they cool to create a slight vacuum. this is usually over by the time the headers end in the collecter. a catback will only add power if you are somehow creating a backup but even then the power gains are always slight

Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

and youll deff want headers a nice cat back with stock manifolds is useless when it comes to power youll also want to hook up the intake system you need to breath is as good as you can exhale

Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
is it restrictive at the catback?
the key to adding power through exhaust is that you need to keep everything flowing quickly. a properly made exhaust system will take advantage of the exhaust gasses contracting as they cool to create a slight vacuum. this is usually over by the time the headers end in the collecter. a catback will only add power if you are somehow creating a backup but even then the power gains are always slight
What do you mean by "creating backup".

Quick Reply: Exhaust