car wont turn over.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 06:28 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default car wont turn over.

ok i have 93 z28 camaro. i went to let my hood up on my car to check my fluids and stuff. so afterward i started the car and it started right up. now i left the hood up to the car because i going to make the car was running properly because i just had heater core replace yesterday. so i go in the house while the car was running for about 2 to 3 minutes and go back putside my hood is down and the car stop running. so i went to tr and start the car up again all it did was make a click click click sound from the starter. so i like what the hell make. i let the hood back up to check things out. i check all the fluids every still full and clean no mixiner of any fluids. then i check the battery which seem ok to me. i mean the lights in the dash worked and when tried to start the car the battery didnt act like it drained on anything. but what puzzle me was that red wire that connects to the battery to the back of the alternator. was disconnected from the back of the alternator. so i screwed the little back on the alternator and placed the rubber grommet thing back on it and tried to start the car it still did not turn over. man i am just clueless about what it could be. i was thinking the starter but will the starter crank the car and then shut it off. any help would be appreciatiated thanks.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: car wont turn over.

If the alternator wasn't charging the battey your battery could be dead depending on how long it was off. You may have just been unlucky enough for it to happen at that exact moment. If your battery is dead the car can sustain itself running if the alternator wire is on because it will keep a continous circuit bypassing the battery in a way but if the alternator wire is off and the battery dies that could explain the car shutting off, and give a reason to why it would not start again. Try to get a buddy to jump-start you and then let the car run for a while after you have checked all the wires to make sure they are connected. While the car is running check the battery voltage in the car.