switchblade keys

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: switchblade keys

Selling or solicitation of ANYTHING in the general forum, by Private Message or in Chat is considered Spam and is not allowed. Anyone found posting excessive links to their websites, or suspected of "sneaky" advertising will be warned and will possibly lose their posting privileges. Please post your private party ads in the Camaro Forums Classifieds forum sections. If you are a business and have a product or service that would be of interest to our members, visit our Advertising/Sponsorship page to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer a variety of low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to your company.[/align][/align]Perhaps these rules were not read so here it is for you. If the guy was smart he would have joined and made a few post about Camaros and then plugged his product. But since he did not and also made a double post (also not allowed) this thread is clearly against the rules. I highly doubt he is going to give them away for free.[/align]

Old 08-20-2008, 11:07 PM

why is this guy so angry?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Mike, I can see how you could consider what donnykennedy is doing as soliciting, kind of. But honestly, I feel he's more walking a tightrope between what is considered right and wrong according to "the rules". He didn't come here trying to "sell" directly. I think he only came here because he saw an opportunity to bounce an idea off of us and see if there would be any interest in what he's making. If I were to want to make something like that, I would certainly want to know if there was any interest in it before investing a lot of time and money. If he posted this in the classifieds area, do you think he would be getting the same kind of feedback, whether good or bad? I don't think so. Why not just see how it goes? If and when he goes into production, I'm sure he'll go through the proper channels for selling them here. Otherwise, there are plenty of eagle-eyes out here who will be ready to pounce on him!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Overdrive Member

I am just pointing out the rules. If rules were meant to be broken then there would be no reason to have them.
Anyone found posting excessive links to their websites, or suspected of "sneaky" advertising will be warned and will possibly lose their posting privileges.
And that does not include his double post in the 3rd and 2nd gen sections. This person went about it in the wrong way and its should be fixed or removed.A thread with a pic of the item embeded and asking what others think of the item would be different. But the link to his website is in violation.
Me angry... No. I like this forum but I feel its guys like you that come in and ruin it by using it for your own personal gains.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Ninja Administrator

alright. ask and ye shall receive.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Ninja Administrator

donny, the members seem to be agitated. honestly im proud of them for taking such good care of our sponsors.

your product may or may not be a neat deal. i really havent looked into it yet as the key i have does just fine.

i have already told you the ways we will allow this: demoing a product through our site is always welcome, however you may not incur any monetary gain during the process. So say you want to ship 5 of these out to CF members out of the goodness of your businessman heart and get a few reviews, i cannot find any reason to stop you.

you can PM me with a specific plan of how you would like to include camaroforums in your business plan. if its cool, i will re-open your thread. if not ill alert the admin and have your IP address banned from here and all of the other autoforumsuniverse sites. I await your PM. sounds like u could have something cool but we are not about playing with spammers here.

u may think its harsh but most of the time we just lock everything and send a vendor letter, which basically says pay us to keep posting. i think u have an opportunity here that will still benefit you and our posters, but will not violate our rules. just gotta hear from you