puddles in the floor

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: puddles in the floor

Don't think his t-tops are leaking because it's a hardtop. But yeah t-tops leak sometimes.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Gorn

Dashboardleaks can be tuff to find. Just because its coming in by the fan does not mean that is where the leak is. I have seen leak like you are talking about causedby a seal in the top of the windshield. The water just runs around and finds the easiest way out. Water leaks and airnoise are two of thetuffest things to find. Or I should say it can be tuff. Most ofthese leaks in the 3rd gens wherethe windshield seal. But that was back when the 3 gens where new. I do remember the body men used to use a hose and they would full up thewiperarea and make sure no water got on the windshield.Let it run for awhile. IF there was no leak they would resealed the windshield.
When I did auto body I searched for leaks that very way. One guy on the inside and the other starting at the lowest spot possible with the hose. Move slow to give the water time to seep. If it stays dry then have the person on the outside move up a little further.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

ORIGINAL: Gorn

Dashboardleaks can be tuff to find. Just because its coming in by the fan does not mean that is where the leak is. I have seen leak like you are talking about causedby a seal in the top of the windshield. The water just runs around and finds the easiest way out. Water leaks and airnoise are two of thetuffest things to find. Or I should say it can be tuff. Most ofthese leaks in the 3rd gens wherethe windshield seal. But that was back when the 3 gens where new. I do remember the body men used to use a hose and they would full up thewiperarea and make sure no water got on the windshield.Let it run for awhile. IF there was no leak they would resealed the windshield.
When I did auto body I searched for leaks that very way. One guy on the inside and the other starting at the lowest spot possible with the hose. Move slow to give the water time to seep. If it stays dry then have the person on the outside move up a little further.
these a very good ideas a really appreciate the help guys i'll try this today if i can get away from work for a few. i'll let yall know the outcome thanks.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a 91rs w/t-tops and have the same problem except only on the passenger side! It is driving me nuts as well, i have heard that it could be the channel drains for the t-tops! but im not sure about the hardtop, it only has gutters i believe, anyway i'am no help to you, lol but if anyone out there w/t-tops and has that problem would love to find out how to fix. thanks guys i love this site you ve helped me alot! tc and dont crush em restore them.