help with trans pan leaking puddles every where and now my wife's pssd @ the mess

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default help with trans pan leaking puddles every where and now my wife's pssd @ the mess

i have a th350 in a 69 camaro that is driving me nuts. i have replace gasket twice and just now pan cork gasket. still leaking between case and gasket. it also seems to be leaking around a few of the bolts. does any one have any sggestions on what i can do to stop these leaks, silicone or something maybe?

ps already cheched front seal and arounf linkage. its leaking at gasket

help please
scott
thx

Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 AM
July 2007 ROTM
Default RE: help with trans pan leaking puddles every where and now my wife's pssd @ the mess

ORIGINAL: scottlee1

i have a th350 in a 69 camaro that is driving me nuts. i have replace gasket twice and just now pan cork gasket. still leaking between case and gasket. it also seems to be leaking around a few of the bolts. does any one have any sggestions on what i can do to stop these leaks, silicone or something maybe?

ps already cheched front seal and arounf linkage. its leaking at gasket

help please
scott
thx

Well first off make sure your not over filling it,which makes it come out the little over flow on the top which will make it look like its leaking around the pan..when the car is running and warm check it properly then,but assuming you have not over filled it,then I would take the pan off again and scuff it with sand paper to make sure its flat with no debree,if all fails just put some silicone around the bolts prior to installing them,thats what I do to my intake bolts and I never have puddles on my intake..

Old 03-10-2008, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: help with trans pan leaking puddles every where and now my wife's pssd @ the mess

[&:] did you peen the bolt holes back down?? often it was a gorilla that tightened the pan bolts and inverted them and if you dont peen them back down you will often have leaks as the bolt holes become the high spots and dont allow equal pressure to the rest of the gasketing surface kurt

Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 AM
3rd Gear Member

Fix it quick or there may be no nookie for you in the near future!!! I use a little silicon and I also spread some on the bolts before I install the pan. Good luck with both problems.