Motherly love vs 84 V8 Camaro = Not so happy son

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:30 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Motherly love vs 84 V8 Camaro = Not so happy son

I nkew a guy that had a ford probe. He had 3 point harness's in it, as well as a full cage. He got pulled over by a cop, and got a hefty ticket for his "unsafe" seatbelts. Truth or false, I dunno. The car was designed for wrecks with it's seat belt system. My Corolla and I hit a tree down a cliff about 35-40 mph. It was an 88, no injury at all to me and my friend. The cars still had safety standards to pass. The easy thing to do is to get a late model camaro.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

speaking of probes and cops. i have a friend with a probe. he put cb radio with a loud speaker under the hood, so he can yell at people, ya know. well he recorded the sound of a police siren on his cell phone and plays it through his cb to screw with people lol. hes going to get his *** thrown in jail some day.

completely off topic but oh well. just make the decision yourself or wait until you parents have no say.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:11 PM
1st Gear Member

DONT BE A HAIRY VAGINA! GET THE GOD DAMNED CAR ALREADY, we are gonna have like 900 pages of us telling you to get the damn car, what more do you want? just get it and live with the consiquences, if they love you then they wont kill you....grow some *****, your going to need them to have that car dude...you dont want a probe do you? (the car, dude...)

Old 03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

wow irock, that must have been encouraging to that kid. lol

Seriously, I would not put airbags in a car that never had them. It wasn't designed to take impacts with them, so potentially, you could be hurt worse in a wreck. Just get a later model one with pass. and driver bags if your than worried.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

well seriously, i wouldnt wanna be zippin around in an econo-box civic thing and some dude runs a stop sign and eats my car for lunch ya know? camaros are pretty big, and there is some metal in there unlike other vehicles. and besides, with all the V8 power and them big *** brakes you can avoid alot more accidents then a ****can-mufflered 100hp pos...i guess anyways, its only from observation...

Old 03-30-2008, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: irocktheIROC

DONT BE A HAIRY VAGINA! GET THE GOD DAMNED CAR ALREADY,
hahaha, **** man... thats funny.. pretty much what i told him... just in more simpler easier to understand terms I guess... Besides, it only an 84 305... He can HONESTLY tell his mom that a late modle Chevy Cobalt has more power, so what's she worried about..

Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

just show her this thread and be like look the canadian is right if were going to be going to war for the next million years eventually im gonna get drafted becuase all the other kids at my school smoke pot.

so let me have some fun before i have to go and die for brassknukls freedoms that he doesnt appreciate.
you dont want me to die without ever driving a camaro do you mom?
well... DO YOU?

Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: brassknukl

just show her this thread and be like look the canadian is right if were going to be going to war for the next million years eventually im gonna get drafted becuase all the other kids at my school smoke pot.

so let me have some fun before i have to go and die for brassknukls freedoms that he doesnt appreciate.
you dont want me to die without ever driving a camaro do you mom?
well... DO YOU?

Lol'd so so SO hard.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

LMFAO

Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

let's see.. a camaro.. built tough and able to survive a hit, or an airbag... and have something punch me in the face after i've managed to survive the accident... just to ensure injury.

WOW that was *FOOMP*... ow....

On a side note your mom's history and profession will make this difficult. The only real bargaining points aside from the ones mentioned earlier is that ... regardless of the kind of car you're in, if you're in an accident that's going to hurt you, you're going to get hurt. Period. A little more, a little less, depending on the scenario, either is going to be bad.

At that point it's not a matter of how much damage is done to you because either way it's going to be significant.

Aside from the fact that there are probably less injuries in cars without airbags than with, I personally feel alot safer in a camaro than I do in my gf's modern car.

Quick Reply: Motherly love vs 84 V8 Camaro = Not so happy son