Motherly love vs 84 V8 Camaro = Not so happy son

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Motherly love vs 84 V8 Camaro = Not so happy son

ORIGINAL: JTNKTZ

Well we had a big disucssion and right before the conversation was over and I was going to lose BAM.

http://www.gpsteentracking.com/HSIRT...uct%20info.htm

[align=center] [ul][*] [align=left]Instant GPS Locations from your PC [/align][*] [align=left]Tracks Mileage, Stop Times and Start Times [/align][*] [align=left]Reports Sent to You With Day, Week and Month Activity [/align][*] [align=left]Open service plans - no contracts! [/align][*] [align=left]USA, Canada, and Mexico [/align][*] [align=left]View all Vehicles at Once, on Maps or Satellite Images [/align][*] [align=left]Intelligent Dispatch Capability - Find Closest Vehicle [/align][*] [align=left]Speeding & Multiple Boundary Alerts to Phone and Email [/align][*] [align=left]Won't Drain Battery [/align][*] [align=left]Tamper-Resistant Design [/align][*] [align=left]Future-Proof Digital Service [/align][/ul] [/align]

What they do not know is it will ONLY update every 5 minutes. So I can go 90 mph without them knowing as long as I slow down before update point. I will not do 90 mph in the first place though. I will be picking up my camaro next week. Woot. Worst comes to worst I can just check it out on my phone when it is updating. OR even use my satelite internet laptop.

Catch 22 I pay for the 300 dollar unit and 150 bucks a year on top of insurance and registration.... OUCH.
Are you kidding me? With "kids" like these i wouldnt be suprised if the government decided to put one in everyone's car and none said a word. What a *****...

Old 04-01-2008, 10:53 PM
2nd Gear member

I didnt want to be the one to say it lmao...

Old 04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear member

BTW, its not motherly love... its motherly control freak...

Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Ninja Administrator

so, these absolutely ridiculous restrictions, are these for the v8 only, or now for any car?

how does tracking you affect anything whether ur v8 or i4? i got into more trouble in my old corolla than i ever did in a sports car

Old 04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: PedalToMetal

ORIGINAL: JTNKTZ

Well we had a big disucssion and right before the conversation was over and I was going to lose BAM.

http://www.gpsteentracking.com/HSIRT...uct%20info.htm

[align=center]
[ul][*][align=left]Instant GPS Locations from your PC [/align][*][align=left]Tracks Mileage, Stop Times and Start Times [/align][*][align=left]Reports Sent to You With Day, Week and Month Activity [/align][*][align=left]Open service plans - no contracts! [/align][*][align=left]USA, Canada, and Mexico [/align][*][align=left]View all Vehicles at Once, on Maps or Satellite Images [/align][*][align=left]Intelligent Dispatch Capability - Find Closest Vehicle [/align][*][align=left]Speeding & Multiple Boundary Alerts to Phone and Email [/align][*][align=left]Won't Drain Battery [/align][*][align=left]Tamper-Resistant Design [/align][*][align=left]Future-Proof Digital Service [/align][/ul][/align]

What they do not know is it will ONLY update every 5 minutes. So I can go 90 mph without them knowing as long as I slow down before update point. I will not do 90 mph in the first place though. I will be picking up my camaro next week. Woot. Worst comes to worst I can just check it out on my phone when it is updating. OR even use my satelite internet laptop.

Catch 22 I pay for the 300 dollar unit and 150 bucks a year on top of insurance and registration.... OUCH.
Are you kidding me? With "kids" like these i wouldnt be suprised if the government decided to put one in everyone's car and none said a word. What a *****...
Huh? I don't understand. Your calling me a *****? "Kids" like these? I don't understand what you said. Rephrase please?

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

so, these absolutely ridiculous restrictions, are these for the v8 only, or now for any car?

how does tracking you affect anything whether ur v8 or i4? i got into more trouble in my old corolla than i ever did in a sports car
It's only for a sports car. "Sports cars promote speed and racing" Thats what my mom thinks... Stupid IMO.

It's only for a sports car. "Sports cars promote speed and racing" Thats what my mom thinks... Stupid IMO.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I can see putting one of those systems on a company car or truck but on my kid’s car’s is just stupid it’s just a fight waiting to happen. If you put one of those GPS units on that camaro, plan on never driving it the first time you go anywhere they don’t like, you’re done. They won’t trust you to do anything, good luck with that one. It sounds like they don’t trust you anyways. If I would have told my boys they couldn’t drive or buy a car that they wanted with there own money they worked hard for, unless they had that unit installed we would have been brawling outside. If you are old enough to work and pay taxes and buy your own car they should trust you to follow the rules of the road and the house. But if you are a punk and you have been in trouble with the law, then I can see why they would want it.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Ninja Administrator

so shes going to be able to tell if ur racing with all of these tracking devices? thats dumb..... it says tamper resistant but i bet u can turn the sucker off pretty easily if u know ur way around the car

Old 04-02-2008, 04:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: age84

I can see putting one of those systems on a company car or truck but on my kid’s car’s is just stupid it’s just a fight waiting to happen. If you put one of those GPS units on that camaro, plan on never driving it the first time you go anywhere they don’t like, you’re done. They won’t trust you to do anything, good luck with that one. It sounds like they don’t trust you anyways. If I would have told my boys they couldn’t drive or buy a car that they wanted with there own money they worked hard for, unless they had that unit installed we would have been brawling outside. If you are old enough to work and pay taxes and buy your own car they should trust you to follow the rules of the road and the house. But if you are a punk and you have been in trouble with the law, then I can see why they would want it.
Never even come close to getting in trouble with the law. Tell my mother this please... My dad on the other hand was a street racer himself. Had a bunch of nice cars. His first car was a Nova Supercharged. So he is like DO IT. But mom says no.

so shes going to be able to tell if ur racing with all of these tracking devices? thats dumb..... it says tamper resistant but i bet u can turn the sucker off pratty easily if u know ur way around the car
I know I can shut it off. Only problem is it will tell my parents it was shut off....

Old 04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: age84

I agree... There is no way in HELL I would tuck tail and let my controling mommy decide what I buy with my money, that I EARNED... Grow a pair man, tell her your buying the car, wether she likes it or not...She'll get over it...

Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: brassknukl

just show her this thread and be like look the canadian is right if were going to be going to war for the next million years eventually im gonna get drafted becuase all the other kids at my school smoke pot.

so let me have some fun before i have to go and die for brassknukls freedoms that he doesnt appreciate.
you dont want me to die without ever driving a camaro do you mom?
well... DO YOU?

Hey Brass, you sound like your a paki... same views... same bielefs... move to Iraq you sand *****

Quick Reply: Motherly love vs 84 V8 Camaro = Not so happy son