90 RS 305 5.0L Auto

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:30 PM

I had a problem similar to this on my jeep, where it was a bad connection on the positive battery terminal. Just a thought

Old 11-25-2013, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the help and replies everyone. They really help!
well today i had a buddy of mine, a master mechanic check the car out.
He calls me up and says he cant turn the engine over even with a wrench.
He says its hitting the fly wheel very hard but wont start.
He thinks it is either a cracked head or gasket.
Winter just started and i dont have a garage with enough room to fit my car in to work on. =\
so therefore i will just have to let him tow it to his house and have him work on it there zzzzz.
In these situations, it is very lucky to have friends like this and helps reminds us how appreciative these people truly are!
a garage would probably cost me so much.
I plan to just grab some heads out of the junk yard and put some new gaskets on there.
He said ones from the junker are fine. He works on vehicles that are around 400k mileage vehicles.
Grey color in my oil =\ damnit!!
So first i'm gonna take off the spark pluggs and try to turn it over to see if anything shoots out, i'm just not sure if i should take them off and try this before he tows it or... and i know i should drain all the oil and antifreeze from it zzzzzzzzz.
I hate having to rely on such nice people. I'd rather let someone else burden them with their problems lol. He said "well u could start workin on the head if you wanted, that's how i learned" i'm like hell no, i dont want to try and do what u do xDD
no time between school and other things Q_Q. when i do have the time tho! i swear it will be devoted to my car!!!

Old 11-25-2013, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

and he's always like "oh its not that bad" i'm like......."dude i would have no idea where to start" he starts telling me all that we need to do.....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz loooooooooooooong list.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:46 AM
1st Gear Member

you could try to find some vortec heads and start building up some power

Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah he says it would take me 40 hours. i have no time to do that. he said it would take him 20 hours and he would cahrge me 400 + parts. damn what an awesome guy. Holidays around the corner and i could be all ungreatful, but this is awesome that someone is willing to help. Knowing that she will get good work done to it, is a very very nice and well appreciated present =]