So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Overdrive Member

I'll see you guys in a few days. We had a nasty strom this morning knocking out the power and dropping trees left and right. Maye thrusday.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Overdrive Member

WOW, talk about crappy weather. There are about 20 trees down in a 5 block radius from my house. Maybe more. Five in three of my neighbors yards, two blocks over a big pine fell on the power lines pulling the poles with it. That in turn pulled all the feeds to everyone's houses. I had the old generator working its butt off. All is good now.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member

thats crazy! It's been unusually rain in CO for this time of year. But nothing that serve. Sounds like a good time though.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Same here! Way too much rain, and rarely into the 80's even! Headed out to the weekly cruise last night in my Camaro, and just as I got there it started raining. I turned around and headed home. The turnout would have been poor, so I figured why waste the time and $5 to enter.
Forecasters say we wont have any 100 degree days this summer, and maybe very few 90 degree days. I personally like the 80's if we could see a few of those days!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Overdrive Member

We are stuck in THE heat wave, although all the national news doesn't seem to include us on the severe weather map. Its going to be in the 90's all week. I guarandamntee you, the Camaro will sit until this is over.

I fertilized the grass Sunday, that still couldn't save me from a brown lawn. I'm bummed, I put alot of effort into it. My first real yard to keep up... I killed it. My neighbor, who has lived across the street for 40yrs did come over and shake my hand. He says I'm the first one to feed the grass and keep it mowed. I still need to get video of the monster in his garage. A mid 80s Buick Park Ave. with a 307. It sounds as good as ANY other SB I have ever heard and pushes that barge into the mid 12s. He runs NHRA Super Stock. I can listen to him talk all day about the way they built his "stock" 307.

I can't seem to get focused on what to do next on the car so I'm in limbo for the moment, later.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Overdrive Member

Well I'm in the middle of blasting the DS fender. I found out I was not the only one to paint it. I couldn't blast the paint off it was so thick. Pics will come soon.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear member

Fertilizing in this kind of heat will essentially "nuke" the grass along with over fertilizing, my previous job was lawn care so I have a bit of experience.

I"ve only fertilizied a couple time's (with the pellet type not the spray type) but I've seen nuked lawns, luckily none of them were the one's I did.
But if your trying to get it to green up don't mow it short as mowing it too short will cause it to burn easier, depending on your fertilizer you might need to water right after the application and if you want a nice thick green turf you might want to water twice a day and make sure you don't over fertilize take it easy the first couple of times till you see how the grass will react to the fert and how much growth will respond.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Overdrive Member

Yeah it was a ***** but I saved it. Watering with city water isn't happening twice a day for sure. I use Scotts fertilizer. I know about cutting it too short, I had to risk it though, as I overseeded some. If the grass is too tall the seed won't get to the dirt. I have almost a month to the day to get it looking great for my sons birthday party.

Anyhow, it took all day to strip on freegin fender. I had to go buy a can of Aircraft Stripper, the blaster wasn't cutting it fast enough. I was just wasting sand. Its almost done. I had to take a nap though, I have to work part of third tonight and can't be sleepy.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Overdrive Member

Well no progress. I haven't been up to working. Both my DDs were broken into last week and have been pretty bummed since. Nothing major was taken, car stereo and some other stuff. Just pissed I guess. The up side was I took my spray gun to work that night to give it a bath after neglecting it for a week. I normally would have left it on the seat but derided to put it in the garage.

I work second and usually leave the garage unlocked too. I locked it that night. Idiot thief looked right past my cordless drill on the floor of my truck. The topper was my video camera was under the seat. My neighbors came over to welcome me to the hood after that. I'm in shoot to kill mode now. Need to wire a flood light soon.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Friggin thieves! Time to wire in a video camera and motion lights Damon. Then if they don't run when the lights come on, at least you'll see who they are!

Quick Reply: So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)