So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 04:47 PM
2nd Gear member

Ah the lizard skin looks good, might have to think about getting myself. I have two big boxes of Dynomat so i will be putting that in, still not sure if the dynomat will stick to the roof good enough or not.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Overdrive Member

If you use some kind of roller and a heat gun it sticks like a b!tch. I have it in my pick up. I have a half dollar sized scar from a burn on my butt cheek to prove it. Heat gun slid down behind me. They sell a $10 roller that probably works awesome but I didnt have one so I used a training wheel from my sons bike.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Overdrive Member

Niel I got the hump yesterday. It is SOO much thicker than the rusted out crap I was working with. I spent an hour cutting the one I have out of a early second in the junkyard with a chisel and a hammer years ago. All I can say it was a pain in the butt. I truly thank you sir!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm glad you could make use of it. I got it along with a bunch of parts. I'd much rather see you put it to good use!

I just got a new upper cowl panel to replace my rusted one. Now I just need to get my windshield out(badly cracked) and the fenders off. With our cold, windy and snowy weather it is on the back burner!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Overdrive Member

Yes winter is in full effect this year.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:17 AM
2nd Gear member

A week with no posting...

Old 01-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Overdrive Member

My woman has been on her death bed. Well not really but scarey sick. She hasnt been out of bed in almost two weeks and I am in full on Mr Mom mode. She has the flu but she hasnt eaten in days so thats now making her even more sick. Had to go to ER for IV fluids Thurs night. Big fun!

I did just receive a wiring harness and power window regulators for the car. I also got the power lock harness but no solenoids.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 77nomad
My woman has been on her death bed. Well not really but scarey sick. She hasnt been out of bed in almost two weeks and I am in full on Mr Mom mode. She has the flu but she hasnt eaten in days so thats now making her even more sick. Had to go to ER for IV fluids Thurs night. Big fun!

I did just receive a wiring harness and power window regulators for the car. I also got the power lock harness but no solenoids.
That, very said.... Hope she will be fine.

My camaro is with manual window mechanism. I need to convert to power windows. The set that you have is a complete set? I need a complete set. From where did you get yours?

Old 01-26-2014, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Ah **** sorry to hear that man.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Overdrive Member

Thanks guys. she pulled through. Lost 10# but I'm not complaining there. She had the flu and wasnt eating for over a week, got real dehydrated and had to get a couple bags of IV saline but she's good.

BIG news! I have located and put the lock on a T56 6 speed and all the parts to install. Look for that when the weather gets better. I also spent a small fortune at Harbor Freight yesterday to get supplies for future paint plans. Then I came home and got ***** deep in the wiring harness.

Since I smoothed the firewall I have no heater or AC. I peeled those circuits of of the harness as well as the choke circuit. I also repinned the firewall plug so that when I put my aftermarket gauges in I can use the stock harness. I bought electric gauges for this reason last year. So if in the future someone looks at schematic they wont call me a bunch of names. Then I created a circuit to feed power to my ecu as well as my injectors. They need a fused circuit too. I also pull the speaker wires out of the harness because my after market stuff wont use them. Crap I just remembered I need a circuit for the fan! So back to the drawing board. Anyhow it will come through the firewall plug instead of poking holes all over for wires. I went to the PW/PL harness after that. I'm ditching the factory design in favor of a multi relay set up that shoots the glass up and down like a modern car. The factory stuff has one relay and the power drop over the system is the reason GM windows take five minutes to roll up. I'm not using the stock relay to trigger mine though. Just a 30A fuse. I will do the same for the headlights as well.

Name:  HeadlightRelayWiringDiagram3.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  27.1 KB

Last edited by 77nomad; 02-09-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)