Central Oregon 78

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:29 PM
March 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yep, I hit the gas some just before I got back to the house on one trip, RPM"s were right there right now. The 3.42's sure make a deference. This is gonna be fun.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 AM
March 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Haven't been on here much. Messed up my neck and shoulder. Sitting at the computer is not comfortable. Slowly getting better.

Been driving the camaro some when I can, and have about 105 miles on it. Running really strong.

I have a video on my Iphone, of the car but I can't figure out how to get it posted on here. So how do I post a video from my phone?

Old 04-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Shalamara
Haven't been on here much. Messed up my neck and shoulder. Sitting at the computer is not comfortable. Slowly getting better.

Been driving the camaro some when I can, and have about 105 miles on it. Running really strong.

I have a video on my Iphone, of the car but I can't figure out how to get it posted on here. So how do I post a video from my phone?
I have to send the video to myself at my email address. Then download it to my photobucket, youtube, or hunt101 account. Then just link it to your thread here. Or if you have the right cable to plug your phone into your computer you can avoid the email step and directly load it to your computer.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Overdrive Member

Here's how I roll. I know that your probably a little more up to speed on this but I figured I would go full on and build a tutorial because the question is asked so often. If the admin's think its worthy maybe a stick at the top of the general forums.

If you have a smartphone you can download the free Photobucket app. Then whenever you snap a pic or video it uploads straight to your account on the site. I also have a Youtube app. So videos go straight to my Youtube account as well. If you don't have a smartphone then you will have to figure out your specific device and how to load the media onto your computer.

PB will have an orange upload button that will open a box that looks like this.
Name:  idiots3_zps69b5f0cb.png
Views: 59
Size:  81.1 KB

You can drag and drop to the box from your picture folder or click the blue "choose photos and videos" button. That will open your picture folder on your PC. You may have to navigate your own computer to get to the right folder that contains whatever you're trying to upload. Some pics wind up in the documents folder when you download them from the net. Some videos are in the pictures folder and so on. Knowing how and where you save stuff is up to you.
You will see a list of links under every pic or next to it depending on how you are viewing PB.

After you log on here, open Photobucket (or Youtube for video) in a second tab. Photobucket does video as well but for some reason I like Youtube. No reason really.

It looks like this.
Name:  idiotsguidetoPB_zps8e087430.png
Views: 47
Size:  8.7 KB

You want to right click and copy the entire "Direct Link" and then switch back to the CamaroForums tab on your browser.

Now you want to click on the little yellow box that looks like it has mountains in it.

This box will open and you can either click on the http:// and delete it or if its blue just right click and paste your link in there. Just make make sure that your link doesn't have http:// at the beginning twice. It wont work then. This has tripped me up on more than one occasion.

You can do the same with links from Youtube by pasting them in the same box. There is no box that is specific to video so there's no sense looking for one.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by 77nomad; 04-13-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Here's how I roll.

If you have a smartphone you can download the free Photobucket app.
I'd get a smart phone, but then I'd need my granddaughter to follow me around so she could work it!

Old 04-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
I'd get a smart phone, but then I'd need my granddaughter to follow me around so she could work it!
Ha! I know my kids are five and six and absolutely no problem understanding how to use it. My oldest is playing football on it right now actually. Both kids have two IPads issued to to their classrooms. My niece has a laptop issued to her from her high school because it was cheaper than buying books. I couldn't believe when I heard that. But being fresh from college myself, the cost of two books could cover the cost of the laptop. Crazy time to be alive.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:15 PM
March 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yep, the younger generation knows it better than I do, that's for sure.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:10 PM
March 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Ran into my first oops with the new motor. Timing cover seal leak. So I lifted the car up, pulled the harmonic balancer, and low and behold the seal was setting on the balancer and not seated in the timing cover. Nothing wrong with it just not where it should be. But this was a new timing cover that came with the seal. When I set the seal beside a National seal there was a difference in the thickness of the two. So I'm thinking the seal just wasn't seated (I hope). Not wanting to pull timing cover i found a write up that used a balancer install tool and a collar to press one in. So that's what I tried, so far so good. I've drove it hard for about 50 miles, we'll see if it stays. For got to take pics but here is one from the article I got the info from
Name:  PartsPhoto528.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  162.9 KB

Old 05-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

That's a nifty way to change or replace a timing cover seal. I've used a piece of pipe to tap in a new seal in the old days, and it works well also if you don't have the balancer install tool handy. I usually put some sealer on the outside of the seal, even though they have a sealing material on them. It makes a positive seal, and helps them seat easier.