Tunnel Ram Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Overdrive Member

I have the roller version of the same cam. The specs are slightly different but thats why is a roller.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well got the percey header gaskets installed today. Got the lifters in and the intake bolted on. Got my new alt bracket and it seems like it will work nicely. wont get a chance to do anything else til this weekend but should have my distributor by then...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Overdrive Member

Got my bracket too. I think its a nice piece for the cash.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Yep. Seems to fit pretty good and seems solid to me. My ground cable grounded to to the top of the old bracket so I will have to relocate that.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Bad_Z28
Yep. Seems to fit pretty good and seems solid to me. My ground cable grounded to to the top of the old bracket so I will have to relocate that.
Probably for the best, as a ground to the block will work better. Is your battery up front, or in the trunk?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

The battery is still located in the front. figured I would just put the ground to the block somewhere on the rightside. The cable is pretty short so I don't know how far it will reach...

Old 02-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Parts stores have long cables!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Well I got the rockers installed and adjusted, Valvecovers are on and got the radiator back in. Still have to figure out where to run the fuel lines(has a Y block)and mount the block. Also figure out how to run the vacuum lines and get my lokar cables installed. Need to mount and wire the coil and resistor. The upper radiator hose seems to big for the inlet that is on the intake aswell and the hose is to long because the old t-stat housing was in the middle of the intake and this one mounts closer to the left side.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Your coil uses a resistor? That's unusual. Most modern coils don't need a resistor, and can even restrict output by using one. Just ran into that with my friend's '55 Chevy when he went with a new Pro Comp electronic dist. and wired it from the old feed that was a resistor. Very weak spark until we took it out, and then it fired nicely.
Did you end up using the vacuum AN fitting on the driver's side of the tunnel ram for vacuum feed, or one of the ports on the metered vacuum hook up on the Holleys? I had big problems with my Holley Pro Dominator hooking up vacuum. No darn manifold ports on it, so I had to use one carb for the vacuum advance, and then port the brake booster to the other metered vacuum. I was worried about metered vacuum to my power brake booster, but surprisingly it works well.
Can you trim length off the upper hose to make it work? I did that on mine, and then pulled the spring out and trimmed some off it too, then put it back in. My lower hose had no spring, and was so short it wanted to collapse, so I took a spring out of another hose and cut it to fit and installed it to keep it open.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Here's a pic of how I ran my fuel line to the carbs. The chrome single in/dual out piece is from Summit, which has a built in replaceable filter. The ends on it won't fit your carb inlets, so I cut the ends off and used AN fittings. I also used AN fittings for both ends of the aluminum fuel line. And for fire reasons, you absolutely DO NOT use rubber fuel hose from the pump to the carbs, unless it's the stainless braided type.

Name:  69_Camaro_Engine_5x7.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  55.0 KB

Quick Reply: Tunnel Ram Setup