post pictures of your 2nd gen rides

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome aboard thats a sweet car Oliver, i have to agree with Socalman though i like the old rims better. BTW try and put your pics under each other when pasting them

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
That's a sweet looking ride! DK will love seeing that. I think he was wanting to know what the newer wheels looked like on his. Now he'll know lol
DK has a 79 (rubber nose) but at least he'll have some sort of idea lol.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
i have to agree with Socalman though i like the old rims better.
Socalman said he likes the Vette wheels better. The Vette wheels are the black ones lol

Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Overdrive Member

I didn't even notice the engine pic, lol. Can I get a close up of how the heater hoses are attached to the core? I seen ANs on the intake, just wondering how it attaches to the core its self.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:46 PM
3rd Gear Member

Great looking car Camaros Kill! Loving the wheels, they look familiar to me.

Last edited by Buffalo02Z28; 09-16-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 PM

Here´s my 2´nd generation Camaro.
A 1971 SS396, not matching numbers but I don´t care, the engine is a 408 (402) pumping out 492 hp´s at 6000 rpms.

The paintwork and the interior was done in 1981-82 wich may be obvious by looking at the style...

Old 09-16-2010, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear member

what kind of pipes are those coming out the back?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Overdrive Member

Those are supertrapps. Man that car was probably the baddest dog on the block in '82. Its like a time machine. That interior has held up well. You should send some pics to Hot Rod, they have been doing a ton of articles about cars from the early 80s and what happened to them. That thing would fit right in.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by socalman
Nice Car- good looking motor. Think I like the Vette wheels a bit better.
Thanks, thats why i bought em!
Originally Posted by Chaotic94
That's a sweet looking ride! DK will love seeing that. I think he was wanting to know what the newer wheels looked like on his. Now he'll know lol
haha thanks. When i was still in the market for wheels i was split between those and the c5 z06 with a polished lip.
Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
Welcome aboard thats a sweet car Oliver, i have to agree with Socalman though i like the old rims better. BTW try and put your pics under each other when pasting them
Lol its already been said, but Socalman actually liked the z06 wheels better, but thanks for the pic posting tip!

Originally Posted by 77nomad
I didn't even notice the engine pic, lol. Can I get a close up of how the heater hoses are attached to the core? I seen ANs on the intake, just wondering how it attaches to the core its self.
It has AN fittings on the other side as well. Looks like male AN on the steel braided end going into the 2 heater core tubes that are angled up under the hood.

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Great looking car Camaros Kill! Loving the wheels, they look familiar to me.
Thanks! Ur car looks sick! One day im gonna have a 4th gen all blacked out to match my '71 lol

Old 09-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Overdrive Member

Hmm I wonder if they soldered the female thread to the tubing. Or maybe a compression fitting. Thanks you for the pics. I will get mine done some how but having something to look at is alot easier.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Man that car was probably the baddest dog on the block in '82. Its like a time machine. That interior has held up well. You should send some pics to Hot Rod, they have been doing a ton of articles about cars from the early 80s and what happened to them. That thing would fit right in.
Hot Rod, is that Hot Rod Magazine or what? What site can I use to get in touch with them?

The car was not used from the day it was finished, in 1982 at the paintshop and the upholstery shop, till the year of 2006 so there´s the reason to the good shape of the interor.

The reason to that was that the car was imported as junk, without engine and gearbox, to be completed later.

The big headache when the car stood in the shops was that the regulations was changed so a car imorted as junk was, from the authorities standpoint, so the owner was left with this car in great shape but he could not get it clear for using, what a shame for him, I imagine.

The car stood in his workshop for daily business, he was restoring second hand fork lifters, repaintinted and maintained.

The car in a corner getting getting more dirty every day, month and year.
The owner could not sell it as he had put a lot of money but he could never use it either...

Next owner bought the car in the year of 2000 nut also he failed to get a valid registration accepted and the car stood for years again.

In the year of 2004 the guy I bought the car from became the next owner and he succeeded to get the papers in order to get the licence plate request approved and after about 23 years whithout being used it finally
saw the road the legal way.

Any links to the where to find the Hot Rod search for cars from the eighties?

Quick Reply: post pictures of your 2nd gen rides