ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by craby
i just seen this lol.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I'd bet someone used the round lights from the lower pan of a 1st gen Camaro. The lights and sheetmetal from a 2nd gen RS would be a fair amount of work to fit on that area, but the lights from a 67-69 are much easier to fit into the lower valance.
Welcome!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Hanapi
It has to be. Where can I see a Camaro with the lights that I have.
The parking lights are bugging the hell out of me. I want to see a camaro with those round lights mounted below the bumper.
Or are you saying none exist?
That's what I'm saying, none exist...except for at least yours which was customized.
If you can post a close up shot of the light, we should be able to tell what it came from.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to some pics.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
lol, yeah i havent been able to work on it lately, im P'd. but yeah take before and after pics of everything you do, maybe in 30 yrs one of your kids will be restoring it? never know lol.

Oh yeah, for the VIN code you gave on your car, i found that its a base 72 camaro that originally had a 250ci in it. heres the link were i seen it

http://www.nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro72.php

hope that helps

joe
Well...It is almost complete. It runs fine, the body has absolutely no issues. No rust,no dents. The only thing I'm going to do is the interior.
Question....Base meaning like no RS,SS or any other letters?? Hmmmm...meaning it was a cheapo?? 250 CI that would be a 6Cylider?
It now has a small block 4 bolt mains 350 in it, Hooker headers,mallory ignition with an Edlebrock intake and 4 barrel carb. A roller cam and has plenty of power.
It has been modified though. It has disk brakes on the back and positraction as well.Don't think these came stock.
What do you think?
JR

Old 05-29-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
I'd bet someone used the round lights from the lower pan of a 1st gen Camaro. The lights and sheetmetal from a 2nd gen RS would be a fair amount of work to fit on that area, but the lights from a 67-69 are much easier to fit into the lower valance.
Welcome!
Thanks. I wonder why the heck they would want to do that. Oh well.
From the looks of the front end. Am I missing anything else??
Like air dam or something like that?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
That's what I'm saying, none exist...except for at least yours which was customized.
If you can post a close up shot of the light, we should be able to tell what it came from.
Ok..thanks.
As soon as I get it back I'll take the pictures and post them.
Many thanks.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:54 AM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Hanapi
Well...It is almost complete. It runs fine, the body has absolutely no issues. No rust,no dents. The only thing I'm going to do is the interior.
Question....Base meaning like no RS,SS or any other letters?? Hmmmm...meaning it was a cheapo?? 250 CI that would be a 6Cylider?
It now has a small block 4 bolt mains 350 in it, Hooker headers,mallory ignition with an Edlebrock intake and 4 barrel carb. A roller cam and has plenty of power.
It has been modified though. It has disk brakes on the back and positraction as well.Don't think these came stock.
What do you think?
JR
well either way base, ss or Z28 it is still a sweet a$$ car

But yeah, Base model is just a plane jane camaro, yes it originally had the V6 250ci and from what i found it had a 3.08:1 rearend and 3 speed manual tranny. alot has been changed on it (but for the better i think).

Again i got my info from this link

http://www.nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro72.php

it's not all original but your car is still amazing JR

post some more pics of that baby

joe

Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
well either way base, ss or Z28 it is still a sweet a$$ car

But yeah, Base model is just a plane jane camaro, yes it originally had the V6 250ci

joe
Are you sure about that Joe? I don't think they offered a V6 back then. Should be a straight six I think.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:46 AM

great Guys. I really appreciate the info.
I will get some pics to put up next week.Yes it is a great car, I like it.
The body is amazing. somebody put allot of time into restoring it. I'll do the inside.
Thanks again.
have a great weekend,
JR

Old 05-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Picture of the front bumper also shows the down supports removed. Factory full bumpers had two supports to the lower valance. I assume they removed them when they did the custom turnsignal lights.