First Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 AM

Lol okay, sorry for the confusion. i wired everything up, speakers, radio, and subs. Everything worked PERFECT. Then, the next mornin nothing worked. I checked some fuses but nothing. as far as the battery, it was still connected at the time. As for today, its disconnected. I guess ill check my fuses once more. Whats the chance I couldve fried my radio? Its a $200+ pioneer, so I surely hope not..

Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
4th Gear Member

Check the fuse in the back of the radio and make sure it's getting power from the harness.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
Check the fuse in the back of the radio and make sure it's getting power from the harness.
also, make sure you dont have any "fusable links" anywhere that could have went south...i had this issue before in one of my G-bodies. i had no juice and for the life of me couldnt figure out what was goin on. finally found a fusable link that got popped and it apparently was added by a previous owner that was trying to fix a cut wire and instead of using the correct wire, he spliced in the link ( it looked like he didnt know it was a fusable link, rather, just a piece of wire) and it popped. your radio should have a blade fuse right in the back if its a newer unit, or an inline fuse holder on the hot wire. you can always check your HU by just hooking 1 speaker to it (out of the car) and powering it up on the battery ( FUSE IT!) if it turns on and works, you know you have to look elsewhere. where did you pull you constant +12v from? cig lighter? or straight from the battery? or fuse block? also, make sure you didnt cross your constant +12v with your keyed +12v wires. its easy to do.