Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:44 PM
January 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

damnameisinusehey is that vin the one that is on the title?

Old 09-09-2007, 02:28 AM

link dont work grr would like to see whats there also
Well, it does work for me, so here's a copy&paste. Hope the nice folks at CRG won't mind...

Q: [17-Jan-2005] Update: Where were first-generation Camaros built?
A: About 75% of 1967-69 Camaros were built at the Norwood, Ohio factory (near Cincinnati). Norwood built units for central and eastern US, as well as all exports of fully-assembled Camaros to Canada and Sweden and all models for central Europe that were not locally assembled (see below). The other major US assembly facility (~25% of the Camaro total) for Camaro was the Van Nuys, California assembly plant near Los Angeles, the primary assembly plant for units intended for Western US delivery.
In addition to the US assembly plants, many hundreds (if not several thousands) of Camaros were assembled by at least three overseas factories: the Yutivo factory in the Philippines (the subject of a CRG research article), GM Continental in Belgium, and a little-known (by CRG) assembly plant in Caracas, Venezuela. The last two factories remain objects of continuing CRG research, and if you information on these facilities, or cars built at them, please contact us. The export activity was managed by GMOO (GM Overseas Operations) and GMODC (GM Overseas Distribution Corporation). We would be interested in talking to anyone that has worked for either of these GM groups.
The Yutivo factory assembled from "completely knocked down" (CKD) kits; as the name implies, kits from which bodies were fully assembled from individual separate sheet metal stampings. Parts and subassemblies for CKD export units were shipped to a central collection point, gathered together and consolidated into kits, then packed into containers for shipment overseas. There were generally six CKD kits to a container; with twenty-four cars in the typical export car order (XCO), that meant four containers per XCO. The CKD kits were reportly consolidated at a "box plant" in Michigan.
The Venezuelan and Belgian factories are believed to have assembled cars from "semi-knocked down" (SKD) kits; kits based on an already partially assembled "body-in-white" that was completed locally. (The location of body-in-white assembly for export units is believed to be Norwood - though the details of this as well as the method and location of collection and shipping of the SKD kits are still unknown.) SKD kits were generally composed only of base models (L6 and 327 engines). When SS models were imported into Europe they were fully assembled in Norwood, had US VINs, and were modified locally as needed.
Fully-assembled (driveable) export units (non-Canadian) were rail-shipped to "Mortensen's Warehouse" (a contractor to Chevrolet) at the Port of Baltimore, who handled export preparations (wax and oil spray, etc.) and loaded them on ships.
Foreign-built Camaros used a different VIN and trim tag format from those assembled in the US

Old 09-10-2007, 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: MichiganMan

damnameisinusehey is that vin the one that is on the title?
Yup, same VIN.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:50 PM

hey there if your interested i have a totaled 69 that was in a fire then crushed that we took whatever remaing parts off of and then we cut out the fire wall and vin number. so i have a originall vin tag that shows it was a v8 coupe for sale if interested. as far as the trim tag goes go to trimtags.com and make that car whatever you want like a z28 with the color of your choice.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 AM
January 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: WULFFTRUBLE

hey there if your interested i have a totaled 69 that was in a fire then crushed that we took whatever remaing parts off of and then we cut out the fire wall and vin number. so i have a originall vin tag that shows it was a v8 coupe for sale if interested. as far as the trim tag goes go to trimtags.com and make that car whatever you want like a z28 with the color of your choice.
THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE HOBBY PERIOD! Not to mention outright dumb! Just so happens there are hidden vin's that wouldnt match the replaced one.Vin washing is also aFELONY! Down the road definetly could cause some other buyer heartache. As for trim tag swapping just plain FRAUD IN FACT OKLAHOMA HAPPENS TO BE THE FIRST STATE TO HAVE A LAW AGAINST SWAPPING TRIM TAGS! Many other states will soon follow.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:16 AM

just so you if you replace with the original dash or firewall it is not illegal. you will have a salvage title of you go that route. do your research body shops do it all the time. i have already talked to two different states about this vin# and both sates said the same thing. not illegal. you just have to go throught he proper channels. and yes i know about the hidden vins. this inst a option if your trying to build this car and make a ton of money it is for the builer/owner that wants a legit vin that actually came from a real camaro, or the buyer of a dynacorn body. o and by the way i have the title for the car as well.
so dont come on here and start talking **** if you dont know the facts.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:23 AM

and as far as trim tags goes there is no law anywhere that says you cannot change the trim tag. the trim tag has nothing to do with the title or vin of the car. trimtags.com check itout

Old 11-08-2007, 09:33 AM

http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com...aq.asp?faqid=3

this for dynacorn bodys, but can be used on exsisting camaro. lets say it was wrecked at one time or stolen and parts were removed.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:40 AM

if it makes you feel better ill sell you the whole car.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
January 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: WULFFTRUBLE

just so you if you replace with the original dash or firewall it is not illegal. you will have a salvage title of you go that route. do your research body shops do it all the time. i have already talked to two different states about this vin# and both sates said the same thing. not illegal. you just have to go throught he proper channels. and yes i know about the hidden vins. this inst a option if your trying to build this car and make a ton of money it is for the builer/owner that wants a legit vin that actually came from a real camaro, or the buyer of a dynacorn body. o and by the way i have the title for the car as well.
so dont come on here and start talking **** if you dont know the facts.
DuDe You are absolutely clueless and If i was an admin on here you wouldnt be here.It is ABSOLUTELY ILEAGAL to SWAP VIN'S PERIOD.IN ALL STATE'S.Its a federal law .If someone needs to swap a firewall ,hole or part of one they sure can do it if the original vin is re-attatched.And that best be documented with pic's to show future owner's Not one provided by you just because it is a normal vin from a base camaro.Is there something there you cant understand? The other option is to get a state issued vin that will be atatched by the proper authority,and that is also not you.As for your title that goes with the vin SO WHAT One last thing Im not the one talking the **** IM the guy stateing the fact's

Quick Reply: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???