Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

Oh, did it have a trim plate? That could tell us more..

never mind, I see the topic title you don't have one, too bad, that could solve the mystery. I'm leaning towards kit car VIN or maybe even a salvaged car.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Your car could have been assembled overseas and brought back into U.S. by an x military person or american living abroad , cars were supposed to be RS 6 cyl painted white in pieces, assembled in another country and then painted . search for yutivo camaro .[ or PC =pace car you never know]

Old 07-23-2007, 06:26 PM

Pace car would be pretty cool, but they never did any hardtop pace cars did they?

I did a search for Yutivo Camaro, and found the following page: http://www.camaros.org/yutivo.shtml

I'm just now scanning through it, but one interesting thing that caught my eye so far is this: "V78 export compliance plate delete (68-69)" which sounds to me like that would explain the lack of a cowl tag. Yutivo's VIN format is basically the same as the US format, but the article indicates that they chose to do it that way, which means some other factory somewhere could have easily chosen NOT to do it that way.

I'll get my digital camera back from my girlfriend & take some shots of the cowl, the existing vin plate, and any other spots you guys would like to see as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I did find something interesting that supports another theory...take a look at this: Its a '67, non RS, and different paint scheme...but the same colors of paint that mine is in, so I'm trying to find out its history right now too. I emailed the webmaster of the site I found it on in hopes that they can put me in contact with the owner and tell me a little something about it. Specifically, to see if its VIN matches my format.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:19 AM
January 2008 ROTM

Here is a pic of yutivo tag

[IMG]local://upfiles/9057/3C8797DCE5C243FFAC066EA447DBD80E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM

If mines a Yutivo, where would that tag have been placed? I definately haven't seen the tag before, but maybe I can find rivet holes where it used to be or something...

Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 AM
January 2008 ROTM

That is a pic of a cowl tag located on the firewall by the master cyclinder here is a link full of info on yutivo car's http://www.camaros.org/yutivo.shtml

Old 07-25-2007, 05:51 AM
January 2008 ROTM

Pm me if you can a pic of the vin plate that you have and I will find out just what you have If I can

Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 AM
1st Gear Member

I have heard from a police friend that dmv histories do not go beyond that 1982 time frame. Might be as simple as that. They "dump" prior histories at that cutoff. My belief regarding the "7" in the vin is that it represents a 1969 car, not a 1967.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 AM

The ony 7 in the VIN is in the last 6 digits, which I assume is a serial #. The vin mask is just 2PC. Thats the whole thing, 2PC & a 6 digit serial. The car is definately a '69, that much I'm sure of...

Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: damnameisinuse

The ony 7 in the VIN is in the last 6 digits, which I assume is a serial #. The vin mask is just 2PC. Thats the whole thing, 2PC & a 6 digit serial. The car is definately a '69, that much I'm sure of...
Yes, everything is explainable except the 2pc.
Have you tried here? http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml

Quick Reply: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???