Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
January 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

ORIGINAL: WULFFTRUBLE

and as far as trim tags goes there is no law anywhere that says you cannot change the trim tag. the trim tag has nothing to do with the title or vin of the car. trimtags.com check it out
want to bet on that? oklahoma has passed this law as of november 1st it is in effect.All the states will have it just you watch and see.TOO MUCH FRAUD going on with shister's like you.HEY i have a great idea run an add in any oklahoma newspaper advertiseing a vin and title or any trim tag or better yet just sell a car with any of those thing's not original to the car and see if they toss your keester in the brink.Someone should be the ginny pig to test the law might as well be you tuff guy http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc....asp?id=450125

Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
January 2008 ROTM

'the trim tag has nothing to do with the title or vin of the car' Well no **** !it has everything to due with the originality of a car and one that has been altered to denote a vehicle that was originally a base into something other then that is fraud period added x code's for copo and z28 and even ss are only done to defraud future buyer's.Tell me something different I could use another good laugh

Old 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey MichiganMan how's it going? I respect your stance and viewson this subject about fraud, BUT there is SO much fraud going on outthere that it's really up to the buyer to do thier homework as to the originality of a car, especially old classics like 1st gen Camaro's. The values continue to climb, and like anything else out there that appreciates in value, there will always be some who will try to get around the lawto make a quick buck. All anybody needs is a firewall with trim tag, matching dash assembly and there ya go, dynacorn trash for the rest if it. I came across a dealer in Vegas selling a 68' RS/SS 350vert for $35K and he swore it was all original and matching #'sNOT TO WORRY! 1st thingI checked was the vin, trim tag next the block pad # (which wasobviously stamped) then I got my note pad and started noting down any and all #'s I could find to do someresearch, THEN he told me that he reallyDID NOT know much about the car's history and the caris on consignment, so therefore they areNOT resposible for any mis-representation!
So we all just got to watch out for fraud and report it when nesessary.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 PM
January 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: frostlime69

Hey MichiganMan how's it going? I respect your stance and viewson this subject about fraud, BUT there is SO much fraud going on outthere that it's really up to the buyer to do thier homework as to the originality of a car, especially old classics like 1st gen Camaro's. The values continue to climb, and like anything else out there that appreciates in value, there will always be some who will try to get around the lawto make a quick buck. All anybody needs is a firewall with trim tag, matching dash assembly and there ya go, dynacorn trash for the rest if it. I came across a dealer in Vegas selling a 68' RS/SS 350vert for $35K and he swore it was all original and matching #'sNOT TO WORRY! 1st thingI checked was the vin, trim tag next the block pad # (which wasobviously stamped) then I got my note pad and started noting down any and all #'s I could find to do someresearch, THEN he told me that he reallyDID NOT know much about the car's history and the caris on consignment, so therefore they areNOT resposible for any mis-representation!
So we all just got to watch out for fraud and report it when nesessary.
I Absolutely agree the consumer's definetly should check all the nessasary numbers for authenticity.Problem is 80 percent of then dont have a clue what any of it is let alone what they mean to the value of a car.This is where the Fraud guy's jump in they know this.So when i see someone post some silly **** like this I definetly will speak out and call them on it.I have no problem with anyone cloneing a vehicle into whatever they wish z28 yenko copo L 89's or any of the high dollar vehicle's.But when trim tags vin swapping pop and broadcast sheets window sticker'sre stamped this and thatand other documentation is outright forged or SWAPPED toDUPEunsuspecting uneducated classic car buyer it is just plain fraud and should be dealth with HARSHLY.I am glad you werent one of those that was taken.Futhermore I find it hard to believe that this kind of activity is even tollerated on this board

Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

We get ads for trim tags from time to time. They end up in the circular file.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 PM

where did i say i only had the vin tag itself??? i clearly posted i cut it out with the correct size of fire dash ect needed to be legal i never once said i only had the tag. plus if dude was to buy said vin and then buy a trim tag to screw someoneelse over i agreed that is messed up i was only offering him alternate way of doing things.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

That sounds reasonable. I dont think anyone was truly endorsing anything illegal. Maybe this thread can close now. One thing for sure is that 1st gen Camaro's and other true muscle cars garner some serious attention, and passion. For myself, its the body styles, intro to crazy colors (Rallye Green#79 5.4% one of the least chosen colors for 69' and yet highly prized today), early performance engineering,and basically experimentation with pushing the horse power envelope for the average consumer.
Having a bad day? Jump in an old Camaro, stomp on it and see how hard it is to wipe that silly grin off your face!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:33 AM
January 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: WULFFTRUBLE

hey there if your interested i have a totaled 69 that was in a fire then crushed that we took whatever remaing parts off of and then we cut out the fire wall and vin number. so i have a originall vin tag that shows it was a v8 coupe for sale if interested. as far as the trim tag goes go to trimtags.com and make that car whatever you want like a z28 with the color of your choice.
Know matter how you read thisfrowards or backwards or upside down it says the same thing .Buy this piece of firewall with a VIN TAG on it cut out the ORIGINAL one that goes with Bill's car.,SWAP the 2 piece's !!!!!But wait THAT'S Vin Swapping therefore aFELONY..Now I have been working on this vin tag issue with The owner of the car BILL not only on this board but other's.There are some verywell known car guy's trying to help figure out what the deal is with this tag of his. guys like JOHN Z ,Kurt S. it has gotten to the point where it is now up to Bill to tear into his car to get the hidden vin's.My whole point on this is most likely the VIN thats on the car now WAS put there in the same Manner in which WULFY was suggesting,although maybe for different reason's. Reasons that may indeed cause Bill to lose a car that he PAID for,with no recourse or reimbersment whatsoever.You dont even want to get me started on the statement you made about useing TRIMTAGS to make it whatever ya want like a z28.If you want but cant afford a z28 spend a few dollars on some emblem's and walla .replace the trim tag thats fraud in my book again im not alone theose good ole okey's are leading the way

Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 AM
January 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: frostlime69

That sounds reasonable. I dont think anyone was truly endorsing anything illegal. Maybe this thread can close now. One thing for sure is that 1st gen Camaro's and other true muscle cars garner some serious attention, and passion. For myself, its the body styles, intro to crazy colors (Rallye Green#79 5.4% one of the least chosen colors for 69' and yet highly prized today), early performance engineering,and basically experimentation with pushing the horse power envelope for the average consumer.
Having a bad day? Jump in an old Camaro, stomp on it and see how hard it is to wipe that silly grin off your face!
I agree with everything thats in bold print

Old 11-09-2007, 05:57 AM
January 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: cplthomas

We get ads for trim tags from time to time. They end up in the circular file.
Now this... well it couldnt have been said better

Quick Reply: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???