Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
January 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???

state issued vin perhaps this would be easy to tell if you would post a picture

Old 07-25-2007, 06:51 PM
January 2008 ROTM

have you located either of the hidden partial vins? the one under the cowl vents can usually be seen with a flashlight right below the windshield wiper on the passenger side, the other is muchharder to get to behind the heater cover located on the firewall where the hoses go in. This requiers removing the fender.Be interesting to see wheather they matched the exisiting vin you have posted. Also a pic would be very helpfull

Old 07-27-2007, 05:45 PM

I looked for the one under the cowl, but didn't have much luck. I didn't know exactly where to be looking, so when I get home from work tonight I'll look right under the wiper like you say, it should be easier to spot now that I know exactly where I'm lookin'. Pictures of the vin on their way too. I just need to get the camera back from my girlfriend, should be able to do that this weekend.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:07 AM
January 2008 ROTM

its on the passenger side cowl vent usually somewhat low in the vent and most likely covered in paint.You have to look real close with the light sometimes can be tufftosee.Then again possible the cowl was replaced or it may have have been covered buy access paint. If no luck the only other vin I know of is behind the cover on the firewall where your heater hose goes in

Old 07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

This may not be as mysterious as you think, my husband's 68 Chevy p/u only has a 12 digit vin on the title.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:14 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: crewgirl

This may not be as mysterious as you think, my husband's 68 Chevy p/u only has a 12 digit vin on the title.
Its not so much about how many numbers there are as much as what those numbers are. There simply shouldn't be letters where there are in that vin.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:13 AM

I know it took me a long time to get around to doing it, but here's a picture of the vin number. Sorry its sucha crappy pic, the digital camera is havin' some issues so I used my cameraphone. And sorry its so dirty...there was a piece of fabric glued over the dash, so the yellow stuff you're seeing is upholstery glue. Its tough to make out, but the way it appears is 2 PC - 1046 - 72. As far as I can tell, there are no edges around the square, it looks to be stamped directly into the metal...but I could be wrong, maybe there's just a square indent and the piece was glued perfectly into the square or something, but it seems more like its stamped.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:57 AM
January 2008 ROTM

I hate to tell you this but your next step is to remove the cowl and get those #'s off it!they are stamped in so removal you will easily see them from the underside asap please need them to help you out here. investigating the vin will post soon

Old 09-08-2007, 06:41 AM

Probably nothing to do with the subject car, but it may be worth mentioning that Camaros were also produced in small numbers at the GM plant in Antwerp, Belgium, and they used a different numbering scheme

I myself have seen one example, and the VIN was of the form 12467GX199999 (I have altered theserial number to 199999 for owner's privacy)

Don't see how a european car could have ended up in North America, though, or whether "2PC" would have meant anything in Antwerp

PS: Another wild possibility would be a car assembled in Venezuela (See http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#Where)

Old 09-08-2007, 06:41 PM
January 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: ButternutYellow

Probably nothing to do with the subject car, but it may be worth mentioning that Camaros were also produced in small numbers at the GM plant in Antwerp, Belgium, and they used a different numbering scheme

I myself have seen one example, and the VIN was of the form 12467GX199999 (I have altered theserial number to 199999 for owner's privacy)

Don't see how a european car could have ended up in North America, though, or whether "2PC" would have meant anything in Antwerp

PS: Another wild possibility would be a car assembled in Venezuela (See http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#Where)

link dont work grr would like to see whats there also

Quick Reply: Weird Vin, No Trim tag, Clean title, no history, What is this???