Ultimate find

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Ultimate find

There was one just like that sold in 2005 Barret Jackson. 100K Here is the discription:

This is a 1969 Chevrolet Rally sport JL-8 Z28 Camaro with a crossram that is all numbers matching, all original GM and comes with a pro-tecto plate. This car came with the very rare 4 wheel disc brake option designed for Trans-Am racing. Only 206 of these cars were produced to be sold to the public. The Z-28 has also the rarest of all race options the highly sought after crossram, the 2 x 4 on a winter intake. This car is 100% original GM and an impressive example of Chevrolet history. This car was sold new in January of 1969 to James Alvero in Sacramento, California who owned it until 1977 when a collector in San Francisco Frank Dehartz purchased and owned the car until 2002. The Camaro has only 75,000 miles and is the correct miles. This is a restored car, and has had a lot of cosmetic detailing. Since the car spent most of its life in California there is zero rust. The car sports all of its original sheet metal and interior the only thing not original is the carpet. The car is loaded with options the Rally Sport (The most sought after Z 28 option) deluxe comfort weave interior, Rosewood wheel, AM/FM radio, tac and gauges, console, cowl induction hood, rear spoiler, even the original GM factory chambered exhaust still hangs under the car. When I say it is all numbers matching I mean everything, This buy far is one of the most original and unmolested cars in the country.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Oh damn, I missed out on that deal!

Talking about a crossram car, here is an excerpt from that last link I gave:
"There were also two important "Service Options" available, which meant you had to buy them from the dealer's parts counter and install them yourself. These were the four wheel disc brake package, and the dual four barrel intake. This intake was never offered as a Regular Production Option, and is not considered original equipment on any car."

Since you bought that after the fact, it would be considered an add-on, just as if you added floor mats to the car. There isn't any authenticity to it, but obviously some people think it was a dealer or factory option.
You could find a crossram set-up and install it now, and nobody could prove you wrong if you made it look "right".

Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

YEAH sactown my home town