2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang to Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM

Hard choice both nice...the camaro in my opinion looks better, but the new mustang GT is a monster!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Cool

Minor update...I had to put off my purchase for a year due to circumstances. I have spent my time researching Camaros, and plan to purchase a 2SS/RS in the very near future. Many thanks again to those who offered valuable advice and their opinions.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

I still think that the new Mustang has the Camaro beat even if the styling looks better on the Camaro.... Mustang is just more practical and the new '12 body styles are actually rubbing off on me in the way that the '03 '04 Cobras did back then. Good luck on whatever choice you end up doing!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:04 PM

I have a 2011 Mustang GT being lemoned and I'm considering the Camaro so I can give you my impressions.

The senses of "mass" and "light" are the biggest changes driving a Camaro. Even with a lighter interior color and sunroof, the feeling is that you are peering out of a slot. In a Mustang, there is a lot of light and visibility in all directions. Also, despite the long flat hood, the Mustang feels light and nimble. Driving the Camaro, the handling is nice but you are aware of the "mass" of the car. It's hard to describe, but I'll try. I feel smaller in the Camaro. When I first drove the Mustang, I knew instantly... Buy it. The Camaro would take a number of test drives to convince me.

The amazing part is that we have three unbelievable American cars in the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger.

The Mustang is great if you value light, nimble, easy to drive every day. It is the most fun car to drive up/down a winding mountain road outside of a miata, rx8, or Cayman/boxster.

The Challenger is perfect if you're looking for maximum charisma and a fabulous touring car. The ride is very comfortable, and it has - by far - the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard... Just intoxicating.

The Camaro is great if you think a Challenger is just too big and the Mustang is too generic. It has styling that continues to turn heads, looks like nothing else on the road today, has a bullet-proof drivetrain, and GM has been tweaking it for the better each model year.

The reality is this: don't waste your time asking for advice on which to get. They are all different, distinct cars. A test drive of all three will quickly reveal which is best for you!

Just my 2-cents.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Talking

Just to update my friends on here...I went with a 2012 IOM SS/RS/L99. I could not be happier!! I have had it for two days and I can not stop smiling! This car is a dream to drive! I thank everyone who offered advice both publicly and in private. I am loving everything about this car so far!