VS Cars going head to head!

camaro vs. mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
2nd Gear member
Default camaro vs. mustang

so ive got a friend that has a 96 3.8 mustang and i desperately wanna race him. he thinks his car is so cool and i just want to shut him up lol. he has headers and a divorced dual cat back exhaust. his clutch is going out tho, so im gonna let him fix that before we run them. hes prolly going to order a cold air intake real soon too. all i have so far is a cold air intake (which sounds so mean lol) and im going to try to get some kind of better ignition system before we race. maybe msd or something if i can find one. im pretty sure that ill still beat him even with a cai, headers, and exhaust on his car but i was wanting some opinions. will he have a chance?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM
BackseatBob
Default RE: camaro vs. mustang

Same year with same motor? Camaro should take it, even if he does have some mods. Unless he puts stickers on there, we all know stickers add 20-30 horses a piece, right?[sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 10-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Overdrive Member

Stickers only get you that much if it has 4 cylinders, more if it has 3. I'm pretty sure the ricer-mod to hp curve is a decreasing exponential with respect to amount of cylinders.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RS96LSU

so ive got a friend that has a 96 3.8 mustang and i desperately wanna race him. he thinks his car is so cool and i just want to shut him up lol. he has headers and a divorced dual cat back exhaust. his clutch is going out tho, so im gonna let him fix that before we run them. hes prolly going to order a cold air intake real soon too. all i have so far is a cold air intake (which sounds so mean lol) and im going to try to get some kind of better ignition system before we race. maybe msd or something if i can find one. im pretty sure that ill still beat him even with a cai, headers, and exhaust on his car but i was wanting some opinions. will he have a chance?
If you messed up your launch, spun off the line, missed 2nd, missed 3rd, missed 4th, had a misfire in 5 cylinders, broke your tranny and had to get out & push, You would still beat him...

No really.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Ninja Administrator

the 96 stang is 145hp. what does the camaro have?

Old 10-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Overdrive Member

200 hp is what they are rated

Old 10-17-2008, 06:28 PM
3rd Gear Member

READ ALL ABOUT IT!! FIRST TIME IN HISTORY!! MUSTANG VS CAMARO!! YOU HAVE NEVER, NOR WILL YOU EVER AGAIN, SEE THESE TWO CARS RACE!!

ok i'm a *****.
Camaro>mustang

Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 PM
4th Gear Member

who cares, they are both 17 second cars lol.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, but seventeen seconds or not: one has to win, and one has to lose.

That is all that really matters.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
2nd Gear member

hey i love that its a camaro vs a mustang. its a classic american rivalry like alabama vs auburn orredskins vs. cowboysand they look so bad*** parked next to each other.a red camaroright next toa black mustang. even tho they are both 6s they stilllook awesome.anyway im almost positive ill have him as long as my tires dont spin too bad on the launch. ive got some crap brand tires that came on the car when i got it and they never have any grip EVER lol

Quick Reply: camaro vs. mustang