West CA, NV, UT, HI

Anyone wanting to drag race

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Anyone wanting to drag race

ok here is the deal, we have been trying to get somewhere to drag race in my home town of Delta, Ut. They town is full of about 200 car enthusiats who have all raced since they were 16 years old. We are all sick of running to rocky mountain or down to vegas to race. about 3 years ago we started a petition to get a stip approved. we currently have an account with i believe around 50,000 and we have someone one who will do the concrete and asphalt at cost because he is one of the racing enthusiasts. however we still do not have the money neccessary to build a strip. does anyone know of any grants or anyone who would be willing to donate money for advertisements or anything. the smallest amount of information would help.
Thanks

Old 05-08-2008, 05:15 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Anyone wanting to drag race

Dont know of any grants but you state rep might offer some guidance. We are lucky around here we have several operating tracks, and on top of that there is a group that does somthing called flashlight drags. They rent out old airports and I am sure they make mony doing it. Heres a link to their website http://www.alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html

Old 05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Anyone wanting to drag race

well we used to do them in fillmore its a town just 15 miles from my town at there old airport but it ended up being torn up and we used to do them at the local airport but their insurance carrier wouldn't insure them anymore if we did drag races on there track. at the moment we are scheduled on our counties meeting and supposedly have an hour space to present ourselves. Because we know that if the about 20 rock crawlers in our town can get 60,000 plus to build a course how can 200 not be able to get double that. right now we are somewhere in the 150,000 range for the cost and that is going off of if i remember right 60 ft wide and about 24 or 2500 feet long. we just need to come up with the money. just thought i would see if anyone had any ideas