VS Cars going head to head!

Ricer stories!!!! Post them up

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Default Ricer stories Post them up

People around here can put yard sale signs and everything else so when they tell them they cant do that is when they can tell me not to hang my flyers..

Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM

well this section seems dead but il post for the odd person that may come in here.
if anything read my 2nd story.

about a year ago i was in my y2k mustang going to taco bell with 3 buddies.
its near midnight so the roads are pretty desolate and i get a red. next to me rolls this BEAT UP early 90's accord. you had to see it to believe it. it was three different color, one of which was rust red, had a ridiculously loud coffee can exhaust, and the obligatory whale tail.
so the accord revs at me and its two occupants smile. my friend then says: "you're thinking of doing, what i think you're thinking of doing are you?" so i explain to him why these people need to be instructed about their erroneous ways when it comes to automobiles. i rev back. the light turns, we go.
now keep this in mind:
my car was heavier, had FOUR people in it, powered by the all-mighty 3.8L torque monster v6 (the only engine to ever beat an LS1 in pure awesomeness)and backed by fords best slushy machine.
so were half way down the street and the accord is SCREAMING. near blowing a head gasket screaming. meanwhile im 4 cars ahead and running at ~2.7k rpms. i then proceed to pull into taco bell and laugh for 20 mins.

the second story i was in my dads chevy.

i just dropped my friend off (same one from the previous story) after seeing transformers. im on my way home and catch a red. like before everything is pretty lonely. a black eclipse pulls up and revs a little trying to peak my interest. i say what the hell and rev back. light turns green and were off. i launched at about 2k rpms and had a little bit of a hiccup from the wheels, the eclipse runs out his 1st shifts to 2nd with me at his door, i creep up to his front bumper, he shifts to 3rd and i start pulling. by this time were nearing another red so i let off and he pulls a bumper on me. we get to the red and he rolls down his window.
it was a young feller' prob in his late teens if i had to guess. he yells "you modded that thing huh?"
i say "no it's stock!"
he goes oh s**t! he ends up telling me that he has exhaust and weight reduction done.
i say kewl and we split .
who knew that an Astro could keep up so well with an eclipse?

my final one isnt really a race nor truly involves a ricer.

i was headed to jack-in-the-box to meet my folks
(i don't know why so many try to race me near fast food joints) in my 89 mustang 5.0 (100% stock)
i take off form a light normally and notice a green integra (not at all riced out actually)
next to me. he floors it a bit and i follow suit and gain a bumper. i roll out my 1st go to 2nd, and he drops back to the rear of my door, i go to 3rd and were pretty much the same with me creeping away. i let off since the entrance is coming up, and he flashes me the peace sign. i do the same and proceed to go inside and snack on a delicious meal of an ultimate bacon cheeseburger, curly fries and root beer. cool guy, and just two old project cars having fun.

thats all for now.

Last edited by simpsonfan13; 11-06-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Well the other day I was tooling along on the Padden Parkway in Vancouver,WA.
It's a 4 lane divided highway but a 50mph zone with stoplights every mile or two and several closer together near the I-5 interchange where I was heading to Costco for gas.
I'm looking down at the speedo which was reading about 65 thinking to myself I best slow down a bit so's not to get pinched by the WSP who patrol often in the area,just then in the right lane some little **** in an intrepid does a flyby at 80mph or better and cuts in front of me coming up on the next light.
I pull up behind him because other cars are in the right lane and I can hear him reeving his (souped up?) V-6 through the noisey f4art can muffler and see him looking at me in the mirror.
He nails it on the green and I stick to his **** like stink on **** till I get a chance to move over for the pass in the right lane having had just about enough of his insolence,I make the pass but I'm hitting about 80mph so I back off and he flys by again barely able to stop at the next light.
Normally I'm no street racer but this little tool has gotten under my skin,I'm right next to him in the right lane at the light so when the light turns green I nail it knowing full well he was going to,I'm expecting to blow him off but I hit it too hard and went up in smoke!

Sideways and peddling it through first and second gear to try and regain traction he pulls me by a car length before I can hook up and by then the next light is coming up.
He pulls in front of me and I switch to the left lane which is open at the light,just as I get there and stop it turns green,he nails it again and I punch it as well.
This time I was a little easier on the gas and got minimal wheelspin in first,hooked up well flooring it as I hit second and shot by him like he was standing still.
I cut in front of him and then turned into Costco at the next light.
Gotta admit it was pretty quick for a six banger FWD but no contest for the Z when I got the wheelspin under control.

Last edited by Y2K; 11-06-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM

I'm for damn sure not a ricer but I do own 2008 Civic Si and reading all these stories just makes me shake my head. I just don't understand why these freaking people driving around in a Accords or Cavaliers, Civics, Neons with a 4 inch muffler even mess with V8 Camaros or Trans-Am's. If they pull up to any of you revving just put them to shame as much as possible so they might learn a thing or two. I grew up driving Camaros, Trans-am's, trucks, and some pretty impressive imports so I am not biased at all and I just appreciate a cool car no matter what it is. My Si is not fast by no means, I only got a couple bolt-ons and know better to mess with any LS1's with nothing less than say the turbo kit from SSA which would put me at 450 WHP or be a hell of a driver like this dude with just bolt ons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRYDUJIlDbg

Old 12-08-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
The 6 speed on any B,D, or H series engine is a "NO GO" the only transmission you can run that is a six speed is the K series transmission with a K20 or K24 swap. It will not work with any other series engine.

The GSR Integras come with a 6 speed and they come with the b series motor

Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 PM

These photo's and post are really great thank you to all of you who have posted these once please i would request you to share some more on this forum

Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM

I was on the road n Fm 620 here in austin texas while i was sitting at a red light at 2:00 in the morning trying to get to walmart when a supra pulled up next to me. i would of rolled down my window but...it gets stuck lol. he reved his engine i could hear the blow off valve let loose i figured he had all kinds of work done to it. when the light turned green i didnt even take it out of overdrive and just floored it the only thing i saw of him after that was his headlights getting further and further away in my rearview. at first i thought maybe he didnt try to race me but after he followed me into the walmart parking lot he told me he had it floored the entire time.. i used to want a supra so bad back when i was like 15...glad i stuck with the bowtie.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I dont like my title

Ricers lol not all 4cyl are ricer's ya'll know that right?ford had the svo,dodge the shelby omin and daytona list goes on...but ive got a buddy that owns a Ek hatch and its a sohc that runs the traps @91mph on radials in the 8th.Cars on 15psi its a d16z6 block,vitra pistons,acl race bearings eagle forged rods rod bolts,y8 head,head studs,chiped and tuned ecu with 2step the works come on now just becuase its a 4cyl doesnt mean it will not move and he still gets around 30mpg if he stay's outta boost.Yes i own and drive a honda and hate ricers (god awful wings,body kits,autozone fart can,stickers all over the thing and no real go fast parts)but not all hondas are SLOW and ricers.Mine has some decent upgrades(not fast at all but gets 48mpg+) and soon to be on some boost asap no im looking for a 10sec car but 13s and 40+mpg suits me just fine.Some know how goes along ways no matter what you drive keep that in mind.

Last edited by Boosted8vfury; 02-15-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I got a couple quick stories... So the night of our wedding, we're on our way down ocean drive to shoreline to the suite i rented for us for the weekend and its probably 2am just left reception and we come to a red light on shoreline right downtown by the water and here comes a 06-08 civic si coupe. He sits there reving and reving, i tell my wife man this guy must be crazy imma embarrass him. So we take off like just a tad hard and i can hear him keeping it in 1st so i signal for him to nail it he does as soon as i hear the motor wind up i nail it (of course i turned off the asr) the car it drops back to first breaks the tires loose for a second then just blast past him. The next light he comes up all pissed didnt even look at us. So we laughed all the way to the room. The next morning we're on our way to have lunch and catch the Dallas game, and on the freeway we come up on another stupid Si, same car different color, so this dipstick wants to play too, so from a 60 he nails it dont go far cuz i blast him get a good lead slow down, he catchs up and still wants to go so i blast him again by that time we got towards a lil traffic he turned and paid respects and drove off. Good times.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:26 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

this isn't my racing experience, but i love it when this happens with one of the big three trucks. going into town today, see off the light a race happening. one side is a riced out integra. the other vehicle is a duramax work truck, gutter cleaning logo's on the canopy, stock rims and wheels. the acura is giving everything, and the duramax is kicking the crap out of it. i love it when i see that

Quick Reply: Ricer stories!!!! Post them up