VS Cars going head to head!

mach vs lt1

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: mach vs lt1

the cars running those times typically have weight reduction as well. and launching off the limiter on a race slick goes a long ways.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:29 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: mach vs lt1

ORIGINAL: 1hottcamaro

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

the mach1 isnt terribly underrated.they typically will dyno in the 260hp range (at least my dad's 03 and mygood buddy's 03 did) which calculates out to around 305hp.

they do, however, have a much smoother torque curve than the cobras. I attributed this to better cams, as i was unaware of all of the other differences. also, the mach1 is a lowrange car. the ls1 will typically have to chase it down if both drivers are doing their respective jobs right. and they will be somewhat close in the quarter. the mach should walk on an lt1.

True story. Although I have seen stock (5 spd) machs put down 270-275.

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

Not sure about bolted Mach's running in the 11. But i am sorry that i over estimated the mach's power by 5 horse power. But thank you for the information dealing with the induction i didnt know the mach was changed from the NA cobra so thats news to me. But i dont know about the Mach killing a LT1 or running with LS1's for that matter. There is about a 25 horse power split with the favor going to the stang however the LT1 drops a good amount of low end torque off the line and has about 40 more then the stang if i am not mistaken. I would have to say drivers race with the mach maybe having a little edge but it could go both ways.

RACE THEM AND FIND OUT
I dont have a mach to race (I have a 96 and 03 Cobra though).

I do have enough knowlege to post the facts, not opinions. Here is a vid to back up some of my info a little.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...s1s_110287.htm

Like I stated earlier, most races between two closely matched cars usually has to do with driver error. Obviously the owner of the mach in the vid can drive.

As for them running 11s, it is not the norm. A full bolt on, tuned mach (cai, longtubes, o/r midpipe, cat back, 4.30-4.56 gears, pullies, tune, and slicks and skinnies) can run around 12.3 at 110-112 all day long. In perfect conditions with great track prep, they have ran in the 11s at over 114.

Just likea full bolt onls1 f bodyusually runs low 12s, but CAN get into the 11s in the right conditions (they may have to invest in a better rear end though, that 10 bolt is not going to take too mant 6000 rpm clutch drops on slicks!)

Here are acouple cars times and mods:
04 mach:12.47@111 and 7.97@87 in the 1/8tth. gears,midpipe,catback,tune,jlt and et streets
03 mach:
Hooker long tubes, o/r x pipe, 4.33 gear, Detroit True Trac, Strange 31 c-clip axles, UPR Upper & Lower control arms, Strange adjustable shocks & struts, Eibach Pro Kit, Hurst shifter, Diablo predator, SLP LMII, MM CC Plates, MT ET Street 26x11.50x15 on 15x8 Weld Pro Star
Best ET - 12.19
Best MPH - 115.25
Best 60' - 1.64[/align][/align]Too many people under estimate the Mach.[/align][/align]
[/align]
Good facts are always good. And i have to hand it too you man you have done your home work.
On a side note how do you like your 03.