mach vs lt1

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Ninja Administrator
Old 08-31-2008, 03:10 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: mach vs lt1

Hmm not very impressed with the engine i had expected a little more. 430 horsepower and 405 lb-ft from a 351CI V10? That is just a little over what the LT5 made back when it got its tune up in 93 rated at 405 HP and 375 TQ. But that engine is 18 years old.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Ninja Administrator

thats at the wheels. thats viper territory out of a motor thats 2.3L smaller

Old 09-01-2008, 04:08 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hmm thats a little bit better and more of what i had expected. That would put her around 470 horses at the crank give or take a few.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:11 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

But on a side note i think its safe to say this is way off topic from the MACH VS LT1 topic. HIJACKED

Old 09-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Ninja Administrator

15% driveline loss puts it at 505hp. the srt10 viper made 500 out of an 8.3L

but yes, hijacked. i dont know if ive weighed in yet, but i would expect the mach1 to have the advantage over an lt1 unless the lt had LTs [8D]

Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: buckfever

im afraid that mach would get you, especially with those 2.73s there pretty quick cars, not slow by any stretch of the imagination. Remember they are the same motor as the non S/C cobra. They are rated at 13.2 in the 1/4 with is pretty much the same as an LS1.
It seems as if buckfever is one of the only ones that have posted in this thread that is not posting missinformation.

Too many stories and kills have to do with beating the driver, not the car. A 5 spd machvs a 6spdls1 f body is a drivers race with a slight egde going to the top end of the ls1. Stock for stock, with equal drivers, a mach will beat an lt1 pretty bad.

Modded and it only gets worse. How many full bolt on lt1s are in the 11's? Many Mach's get into the 11s at 112-114 with sticky tires and bolt ons. That is bolt on ls1 times and traps.

ORIGINAL: DeZ

their isnt much that will run with a ls1. even the vettes ( 2000+ non c6 z06's ) will get its run with a supersport.

drivers race i would say. never know that big boy may be suped.

Maybe when the ls1 was new, but nowadays are many cars that run 12s or better from the factory.

ORIGINAL: BigNic

mach edges you out by about 20 horse power and has a little less torque than you do if i rememeber correctly so it would have been very close
Dont go by the advertised ratings. After ford screwed up on the 99 Cobra they have been under rating thier cars. The mach actually puts down a little more than the 01 Cobra that was advertised at 320.
Kind of like the ls1 cars putting down thier advertised crank horsepower to the rear tires.
ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

Spec is right. The only diffrence from the NA cobra is the shaker ram air system. It is rated at 315 horse's. However the scion TC/SC does come with a centrifugal supercharger from TRD.
The mach is rated at 305 \(thay may have bumped it to 310 in 04).Theengine is similar to the 99/01, but not the same.
The major differencesare thatthe mach has better flowing heads (same as 03-04 Cobra heads),
A slightly betterintake manifold (looks like the 99/01, but flows better), and a little more compression. Add that to a solid axle with slightly softer springs, you end up with a car that is better suited to the dragstrip than the old N/A cobra. The mach has slightly less aggressive cams than the N/A cobra, which gives it a littlemore low end torque. It still needs A LOT of gear for optimal performance due to thetiny 4.6s lack of low end torque. With a set of 4.30 or 4.56 gears, it gets right into its powerband and is a hard car to beat from a dig.

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

last i knew boss = apperance package.
True story. Stock cars with a ugly sticker package and junk side exhaust that cost 5 hp over stock.

There is a boss model out that had a built engine and a blower, but it is very rare.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:10 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

Not sure about bolted Mach's running in the 11. But i am sorry that i over estimated the mach's power by 5 horse power. But thank you for the information dealing with the induction i didnt know the mach was changed from the NA cobra so thats news to me. But i dont know about the Mach killing a LT1 or running with LS1's for that matter. There is about a 25 horse power split with the favor going to the stang however the LT1 drops a good amount of low end torque off the line and has about 40 more then the stang if i am not mistaken. I would have to say drivers race with the mach maybe having a little edge but it could go both ways.

RACE THEM AND FIND OUT

Old 09-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Ninja Administrator

the mach1 isnt terribly underrated.they typically will dyno in the 260hp range (at least my dad's 03 and mygood buddy's 03 did) which calculates out to around 305hp.

they do, however, have a much smoother torque curve than the cobras. I attributed this to better cams, as i was unaware of all of the other differences. also, the mach1 is a lowrange car. the ls1 will typically have to chase it down if both drivers are doing their respective jobs right. and they will be somewhat close in the quarter. the mach should walk on an lt1.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

the mach1 isnt terribly underrated.they typically will dyno in the 260hp range (at least my dad's 03 and mygood buddy's 03 did) which calculates out to around 305hp.

they do, however, have a much smoother torque curve than the cobras. I attributed this to better cams, as i was unaware of all of the other differences. also, the mach1 is a lowrange car. the ls1 will typically have to chase it down if both drivers are doing their respective jobs right. and they will be somewhat close in the quarter. the mach should walk on an lt1.

True story. Although I have seen stock (5 spd) machs put down 270-275.

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

Not sure about bolted Mach's running in the 11. But i am sorry that i over estimated the mach's power by 5 horse power. But thank you for the information dealing with the induction i didnt know the mach was changed from the NA cobra so thats news to me. But i dont know about the Mach killing a LT1 or running with LS1's for that matter. There is about a 25 horse power split with the favor going to the stang however the LT1 drops a good amount of low end torque off the line and has about 40 more then the stang if i am not mistaken. I would have to say drivers race with the mach maybe having a little edge but it could go both ways.

RACE THEM AND FIND OUT
I dont have a mach to race (I have a 96 and 03 Cobra though).

I do have enough knowlege to post the facts, not opinions. Here is a vid to back up some of my info a little.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...s1s_110287.htm

Like I stated earlier, most races between two closely matched cars usually has to do with driver error. Obviously the owner of the mach in the vid can drive.

As for them running 11s, it is not the norm. A full bolt on, tuned mach (cai, longtubes, o/r midpipe, cat back, 4.30-4.56 gears, pullies, tune, and slicks and skinnies) can run around 12.3 at 110-112 all day long. In perfect conditions with great track prep, they have ran in the 11s at over 114.

Just likea full bolt onls1 f bodyusually runs low 12s, but CAN get into the 11s in the right conditions (they may have to invest in a better rear end though, that 10 bolt is not going to take too mant 6000 rpm clutch drops on slicks!)

Here are acouple cars times and mods:
04 mach:12.47@111 and 7.97@87 in the 1/8tth. gears,midpipe,catback,tune,jlt and et streets
03 mach:
Hooker long tubes, o/r x pipe, 4.33 gear, Detroit True Trac, Strange 31 c-clip axles, UPR Upper & Lower control arms, Strange adjustable shocks & struts, Eibach Pro Kit, Hurst shifter, Diablo predator, SLP LMII, MM CC Plates, MT ET Street 26x11.50x15 on 15x8 Weld Pro Star
Best ET - 12.19
Best MPH - 115.25
Best 60' - 1.64[/align][/align]Too many people under estimate the Mach.[/align][/align]
[/align]

Quick Reply: mach vs lt1