VS Cars going head to head!

camaro vs. audi s4 hahha

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well first off it has a tune. The S4 came out with a measly 8psi from the factory. It has tons of room for performance improvement. A tune alone makes the jump from 8 to 18psi which bumps the numbers to 320hp and around 350lbs/tq and makes them often run mid to low 13s

Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Oh im sorry i was not aware you know so much about tuning and turbos. Well you know a lot of noobs buy into mail order chips and tunes that claim big gains but you would never fall for something like that. I mean the S4 puts down around 215 to the wheels on a good day after losings some power in the AWD drive line but yeah sure a 110 horse power jump sound fair right. 8 PSI yeah thats a small number except when your talking about a good size turbo and look you have two K03's hmmm maybe 8 psi is not too bad. All wait we still have our crappy factory duel side mount intercooler set up that loves to heat soak even on stock boost i bet that mail order tune will take care of that as well.

Oh lets talk about your EGT's why we are at it. I mean you are still breathing down the stock exhaust which is the first thing most S4 guys change out since it is very restrictive and geared towards a mild driving sound then performance and flow. All but your little mail tune can take care of that right.

Now lets talk about 18 PSI wow thats twice what you where running stock and lets keep in mind the only thing you have is a good tune wow thats it im selling the TA and buying a audi. But hold on isnt the limit on even on fully bolted S4s with full exhaust, intercooler, intake, and fuel upgrades around 14PSI was about as high as you wanted to go. In fact i was under the impression that 10 PSI was about as far as you wanted to go even if you had turbo back exhaust and intake. The fact of the matter is at 18 PSI your engine pushing daisies. But wait this must be a SUPER TUNE right so the rules don't apply here right.

I have seen some ECU tunes that claim 50HP and 80Torque gains for the S4 not 110 horse gains. Second most of the tunes are not for stock American spec vehicles. And most run 12-13PSI not 18.

Oh sorry i guess im out of my place right. Just a die hard Muscle car guy right. I dont know any thing about turbo's or a 30 valve 2.7 BITURBO engine or the S4 or any Euro cars for that matter.

STOP POSTING BAD INFORMATION ON THIS FORUM. Take it too a real Audi forum and let them tell you the facts then come back and post real information. If you can not do that then by all means see your self out the door. I am sure the mods can show you the way if you need help.

IN SORT STFU NOOB!!!!!!! AND GO AWAY.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
VIP member

Pwned

Old 02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
Oh im sorry i was not aware you know so much about tuning and turbos. Well you know a lot of noobs buy into mail order chips and tunes that claim big gains but you would never fall for something like that. I mean the S4 puts down around 215 to the wheels on a good day after losings some power in the AWD drive line but yeah sure a 110 horse power jump sound fair right. 8 PSI yeah thats a small number except when your talking about a good size turbo and look you have two K03's hmmm maybe 8 psi is not too bad. All wait we still have our crappy factory duel side mount intercooler set up that loves to heat soak even on stock boost i bet that mail order tune will take care of that as well.

Oh lets talk about your EGT's why we are at it. I mean you are still breathing down the stock exhaust which is the first thing most S4 guys change out since it is very restrictive and geared towards a mild driving sound then performance and flow. All but your little mail tune can take care of that right.

Now lets talk about 18 PSI wow thats twice what you where running stock and lets keep in mind the only thing you have is a good tune wow thats it im selling the TA and buying a audi. But hold on isnt the limit on even on fully bolted S4s with full exhaust, intercooler, intake, and fuel upgrades around 14PSI was about as high as you wanted to go. In fact i was under the impression that 10 PSI was about as far as you wanted to go even if you had turbo back exhaust and intake. The fact of the matter is at 18 PSI your engine pushing daisies. But wait this must be a SUPER TUNE right so the rules don't apply here right.

I have seen some ECU tunes that claim 50HP and 80Torque gains for the S4 not 110 horse gains. Second most of the tunes are not for stock American spec vehicles. And most run 12-13PSI not 18.

Oh sorry i guess im out of my place right. Just a die hard Muscle car guy right. I dont know any thing about turbo's or a 30 valve 2.7 BITURBO engine or the S4 or any Euro cars for that matter.

STOP POSTING BAD INFORMATION ON THIS FORUM. Take it too a real Audi forum and let them tell you the facts then come back and post real information. If you can not do that then by all means see your self out the door. I am sure the mods can show you the way if you need help.

IN SORT STFU NOOB!!!!!!! AND GO AWAY.
first off, that would be a 70hp gains if it comes stock with 250hp to the crank and the tune ups it to 320hp, we're not talking awhp unless you cant do math. I do have a catback exhaust actually its an AWE Twin 1 thank you very much. It wasnt a mail order tune, I got it tuned in the city and put it on a an awd dyno afterwards without the exhaust to get a peak of 269awhp. And for you knowing so much about my tune. Go on an audi forum and find out how much a GIAC 93 tune puts down and what its peak boost is. 14psi is all s4's wanna go? Better bump up the knowledge there mr.muscle guy.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Overdrive Member

you already been proven wrong more times than i can count, yet you still continue to B.S. Seriously why do you waste youre time coming here ? dont have anything better to do

Old 02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

haha I havent been proven wrong right now at all, your buddy cbr talks a big game but clearly doesnt know what hes talking about. You act like I'm just pulling these claims out of my *** which I dont understand, if you guys know so much about my car and what a simple tune can do to it like cbr apparently you would know I can take out a z28 easy

Old 02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Overdrive Member

yeah a maybe a 1986 z28 with a 305

Old 02-01-2009, 04:24 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

LOL well changing your story or i guess leaving out information helps a bit. And no your still about on with a stock 16 year old platform LT1. Oh im sorry its not a mail order tune its a mail order ECU i see.

If you read a little about the tune and all the good stuff that goes with it. It says 60HP increase and 110torque. Then it makes a few references to 93 octane and 100 octane tunes. I would expect if i had a well bolted car running a higher octane or a chemical intercooler i might be able to pull 60 or so horses out of the old girl but i dont see a bone stock S4 gaining any wear close to that.

With a good tune and a turbo back i think you may be a good run for a stock LT1 and you will probably run some wear in the Low 14s. I dont see you just blowing one out of the water like it was standing still. Also a LT1 runs around 4000-6000 bucks thats a little bit cheaper then your S4 plus if you are running a turbo back exhaust you paid probably around 900-1100 bucks plus a extra 600-800 for the high flow cats and the duel down pipes that come off both turbos. So that would bring the cost of your car up a bit to around 8000-10000 dolor price range which is around LS1 cost. Hey look now your competing with a car made in the same generation and not a platform that has been around for 7 years at the time your car was built.

Once again i do like the S4 i personally find them great and fun cars. I think they could have done a little better as far as a Twin turbo 30 valve 2.7L making only 250 horse but its not bad for the time frame that is was built in.

With the tune and exhaust you might be able to give a stock LT1 a good run for its money however i think you would have to agree since the Z is not only cheaper then your car and the fact that you had to mod yours to run with her dont you have to agree that the Z is not such a bad buy as you might think.

Also be care full with running that extra boost and hard launches on that car. You might find your self in for some hefty repairs but hey what do i know im just MR.muscle car guy right.

My old friends
2003 Mazda Speed Protege T25@10PSI
1998 420A eclipse with Gready T3/T4@8PSI
1995 Talon TSI 4G3G AWD 16G@21PSI
1988 Turbo 2 RX7@9PSI
1991 GSX factory TD04@16PSI
2000 WS6 60-1@8PSI
Lets not forget the NA guys as well
1995 Honda Accord H22 swap
2002 VW Golf 2.0

So maybe i just have a love for all cars including Inport and Euro. Thats more then i can say for some guy that comes onto a forum with the only intention to start a fuss and disrespect other forums of enthusiast. If you think German power is that great then good for you. You have a right to drive what you like and enjoy it. But dont hate on guys that want to drive something else.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Overdrive Member

Old 02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Ninja Administrator

260awhp wont net low 13s out of a heavy car like that......

Quick Reply: camaro vs. audi s4 hahha