VS Cars going head to head!

92 LT-1 Vette vs Neon SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
Default 92 LT-1 Vette vs Neon SRT-4

Let me start out by saying that street drag racing is just plain wrong, but I always have an eye out for a taker (or in this case, a giver).
Now that I have that disclaimer out of the way....
Here I was, minding my own business creeping through town, when a Neon SRT-4 winds up on my tail. I could hear him burping his b.o.v. like a lot of hot-shot ricers like to do to show off. (oooooh, that alone had me shakin' in my boots ). We end up side by side at a stoplight waiting to turn left onto the highway (2 left turn lanes). Light turns green and we both take off, I easily pull out in front, and I can hear his b.o.v. really sneezing hard. (ok, to give him the benefit of the doubt, I was on the inside lane and my car does handle like a slot car). Hey, whattaya know, we end up side by side again at the next light, and the 2 lanes narrow down to 1 about 100~150 yards after the light. Now we're gonna have some fun. I'm watching for the opposite stop lights to turn red, have the left foot on the brake, and the right one feathering the gas pedal. Light goes green and I'm off instantly (his r.t. sucked btw, heh heh). I just plant the right foot and enjoy the top-down scenery as it starts to go by very quickly. Meanwhile, the SRT is a huffin & puffin and blowin & wheezin, and I'm still pulling away from him. At the bottle-neck, it was a good 5-6 car length lead (and climbing). Game over, time to back off the throttle since I'm sure a cop wouldn't appreciate doing 80 in a 55. Oops, my right foot slipped, musta been the shaking of my boots that did it!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
2nd Gear member

thats awesome!!! i had a ford contour pull up next to me and pipe me when i first got my car i laughed so hard. He took off from the first light and i didnt even race him well the next light he piped me again so i took off i hit 50mph and was already at least 3-4 car lengths ahead. when we got to the next light his windows were all the way up and he was looking straight ahead. one day people will learn what is actually fast and they shouldnt challenge.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Droid

I came to the conclusion that 1/2 of the so called "tuners" have no idea of what a fast car really is. Most of them believe that smoking tires is a show of power, and that it must result in fast acceleration. lol

Old 06-29-2010, 08:46 AM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Too funny, huffin and puffin. I get the bov show all the time in the ss too. They love doing that on post in the 35 zone.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thats hilarious! Yeah i trip out on these ricer kids, its amazing they actually believe the crap that comes outta they're mouth. Lol. I had some clown in a 06-08 civic si try and get cute with me down ocean drive one nite. He was really beating that car up bad while i was in OD half throttle walking. Lol. Just for the next morning another clown same style car on the freeway to get taught a lesson.