View Poll Results: Who's taking the 6 across the finish line?
Massey
4.55%
Chaotic94
18.18%
SOM-V6
16.67%
libertyforall1776
1.52%
SOCOM
25.76%
Blasko
6.06%
Pezlow
9.09%
BasicConcepts
9.09%
evilkal
9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

November ROTM voting - V6 all years

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
BackseatBob

awesome cars!! socom, I love the look of the fog lights! and pezlow, way to get goin on modding that thing my vote goes to chaotic though, just because its nice to see a car maintained in it's original shape (more or less)

Old 11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Overdrive Member

Wooo hooo My turn!! Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting pics and stuff about Sarah but a little wind storm last night took out a couple of transformers and well no power no net.

Ok enough of that

Sarah 1999 Camaro RS 3.8L A4

Sarah is a 1999 Camaro that I bought for $500 from my friends neighbor. I had seen the car sitting about 9 months without moving and a puddle of oil heading out from under the car down the driveway. knock on the door and asked about the car. Engine is blown she says. It would start but it made alot of noise and no oil pressure. Sure enough it started, made lots of noise and no oil pressure. I knew I could put a new engine in it and we made a deal... $500 for the car. We towed it home and started cleaning the old engine and started getting the car ready to be pulled appart. I notice the oil filter looks funny so I took it off and found the gasket was messed up. We just happened to have another filter so we spun that on and added 4 qts of missing oil. The car started fine made a little noise for a second or two then leveled out and purrrrrrrrd like a kitten. I thought I hit the jackpot here but felt guilty about it. I took the car back to the lady and told her what we found. She said she was happy for me that it was not more than the filter and that she was happy with her new truck and could really use the money I gave her. SWEET!!!

3 weeks later...

Sarah gets totaled.... yes that is right totaled... Someone ran a stop sign and T-bonned me. Took out the driver's front suspension fender door and some sheetmetal behind the fender. It does not sound like alot but the body shop stopped writing the estimate at $3500 siting the car as a total. This shop was the shop I used to work at and the owner was kind enough to allow me to use the shop to get the suspension repaired so I could drive again. Oh forgot to mention... The woman that hit me left the scene and was charged with a Class 3 felony hit and run... 3 weeks in jail before she was able to see a judge. My insurance would not cover me since I dropped the Uninsured motorist medical I by default lose the uninsured motorist property. Yes folks this came out of my own pocket. Check out the pics below you can see the damage that the car took. and the repair.

Well about 3000 miles after I brought Sarah home I found out why the oil filter was messed up when I bought her. I at first figured it was a speedy lube place that didnt put it on right... wrong... While driving down the road the oil pressure dropped to 0... no odd sounds from the engine so I thought I was needing a new sending unit. Came to a stop sign and I could smell burning oil. NOT GOOD... I popped the hood and found my new filter was popped out just like the one before. I had spun a bearing. I was able to coast/push Sarah back home, new filter more oil and 120lbs pressure!!!! that eventually lowered to somewhere around 40 (still too low) and a rod knock developed. Time for a new engine!! Well I bought the car knowing about the engine didn't I? a couple of long days of work later I now have a new 3800 with 1/2 the miles of the rest of the car.

MY mods are light so far, my plans for her future are big!

K&N drop in filter
Kenwood head unit featuring HD Radio, Satalite, iPod, CD/CD Changer, MP3 Player.
Fosgate and Kenwood Speakers
Factory amp rewired to give the back seat stations full range instead of sub channel only.
Cigarette lighter changed to a power port
Black upper intake and valve covers with 3800 Series II machined bright Aluminum
BWD Wires and coils (I like the grey wires they go good with the black intake)

Future mods:
Corvette C6 10 spoke rims
Halo headlamps
LED bulbs all around
Tubular control arms
Baer 4 piston fixed calipers (black)
Baer slotted and drilled rotors front and rear
Adjustable panhard bar
Tubular rear links
SS quick ratio power rack

Yea that is about it for now.

I know that my car does not have all the mods that others here do and I also know that I am up against many very nice cars. Each of us deserve to win! I hope that you will vote for me not only on the way I take car of my car and how I make sure tha she stays a nice and fun car to drive but also in the way I help others here with the skills and tricks I have gained over the years. Good luck to each of us!!.

Now the pics.

Here are links to my Galleries!
Garage Pics
https://camaroforums.com/forum/members/massey-25333-albums-garage-sarah-1177/
Wreck Pics
https://camaroforums.com/forum/members/massey-25333-albums-sarah-s-wreck-1211/
Night Pics
https://camaroforums.com/forum/members/massey-25333-albums-sarah-night-1210/

And here are a couple of random images from Photobucket:

Just home from paint
Name:  DSCN0247a.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  103.4 KB

Before paint after the repairs were finished.
Name:  DSCN0242a.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  71.2 KB

Machined 3800 Series II
Name:  DSCN0297a.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  116.2 KB

Kenwood Head unit
Name:  DSCN0264a.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  96.4 KB

And a sad picture of the wreck damage.
Name:  DSCN0233a.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  86.8 KB

Please vote for me and Sarah

Massey

Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yay We have the same headunit Massy, I enjoy it so much.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Ahhhhhhhh! So many nice 6ers I don't know who to vote for...This is even harder than the 4th gen one a couple months ago....

Old 11-16-2010, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear member

^ Agreed, it's a tough call. Too many nice sixers.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Honestly though, even people I don't seem to like too much are making my decision difficult, I won't mention any EvilKals..err names :P. Some people have the cosmetics, others have the built up engines, others are going for the clean and stock look but are knowledgeable and helpful in forums. I don't even recognize 2 or 3 names on this list, but I can't deny that I like their cars. Whats an easy way to do this? hmmmm

Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

my votes in

Old 11-16-2010, 01:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

Nobody voted for Blasko yet? Whats going on?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
BackseatBob

Blasko, put that scoop on the hood for real and i promise I'll vote for ya next time around

Old 11-16-2010, 01:53 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Socom
Yay We have the same headunit Massy, I enjoy it so much.
My head unit is VERY VERY similar to that. Mine is a Kenwood KDC-MP242. I love it.

Quick Reply: November ROTM voting - V6 all years