Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

real electric supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I find the paul mitchel ones to be a bit foo foo, more of a girly turbo. I just got a plain jane conair one I stole from the wife. I like the idea of a generator in the trunk.. it will weigh down the rear to add some friction.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

So if this is a spam threat why is it staying up? The Moderators around here seem quick to clean up the Forums (They deleted my double post a few hours after I posted it, like I requested.... A+ for them)

I say after the electric Supercharger, you can go on e-bay and get yourself one of the "performance chips" that add 50% more HP......

Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Wink

Ya know Those Stick-on Air vents at autozone?

My buddy has them on his Mazda3 and he now has 400HP!
He says they're good for 25 HP a piece so he has like 8 on each side.

Ya'll should check into those!

lol

Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Wow, it blew that teetering 2x4 over like nothing flat! Imagine how well it will help to power your pistons up and down!!! Fan rpm is one thing, cfm and psi output is another.
It's snake oil. Your engine will benefit more from something like this: Piston Return Spring
That website is Hilarious!

Old 01-21-2010, 09:08 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

heres another. says its got 1 psi boost. was crusin the net today lookin for the best deal on corsa exhaust and saw this and thought of this thread.
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/RAM...-System/18149/

Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
heres another. says its got 1 psi boost. was crusin the net today lookin for the best deal on corsa exhaust and saw this and thought of this thread.
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/RAM...-System/18149/
I'm about to order!
Can i buy 2 and rig them up together for 10% increase?

lol

These are so stupid.
But What is worse, is that someone has purchased them before, I'll bet.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Only 399.99? Save $100! Better get one of those powerful 1 PSI units quick!!
Hmmmm...I'm smelling a get rich scheme here. Suckers wanted!

Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

seriously, you could fart 1PSI

people do buy these things, i've seen it and then proceeded to slap myself on the forehead in dis-belief and mutter under my breath 'wtf'

Old 01-23-2010, 07:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

It's funny...but there is actually a company selling ones that ACTUALLY work. Look up Thomas Knight superchargers. Not sure if they make one for a v8, but I know they work on some v6 engines.

I've seen a guy at the track with a leaf blower hooked to his intake in a saturn....hey, he got better 60' times....but he was slower on the other end. I explained to him (rpm/2)*(ci/1728)=cubic feet of air per minute entering the engine. Leaf blowers top out at around 450 cfm and can not deliver any pressure more than a pound or so.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

As Z28pete said (as they are marketed) they can not work. There is simply not enough energy in a standard 12volt system. No one is going come up with a way to move that much air with that little power. The max horse power rating Z28pete quoted is a mathmatical perfect machine that can convert 100% of the 12v 100amp into working power. That is not possible today. If it was the device would fall short of the power it need buy a factor of almost 20.

Now what if we looked at it another way. What if there was a seprate 24 volt type system that could dump massive a amounts of amps for short bursts, like 20 seconds? It still could not help a race car in any way and would have little effect on a car with a stall converter but on I4 or V6 with a stock converter I think you could design a system that would help with the launch. Once you got over 2000 to 2500 RPMs the system would need be sure the system did not get in the way of normal air flow. Once your run was done you would flip a switch and recharge you 24 volt system. Inthat manner you are storing power for the next run.

The problems with this is 1.) Cost. TO build a system like that would cost as much or more then a real turbo charger. 2.) Weight. The existing 24 volt batterys are very hvy and electric motor that could do this would be hvy also.

By looking at what it would take to make it work you quickly see why there are no system out there that do work. I could see how a Geo Metor with a automatic could feel a little stronger coming out of the hole with one of these 12 volt system or even something like small V6 might "feel" more responsive at the instance you hit the pedel but other then that if you got an extra $500 and you want to got fast get the sniper NOS system. Thats 50-75 real HP that will show up on a dyno.

Last edited by Gorn; 01-24-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply: real electric supercharger?