New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Newbie needing advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Default Newbie needing advice

Hey everyone. I just joined up looking for some advice on what to do.

My 02 camero just got rear ended yesterday and I'm trying to decide on how to go about getting it repaired. My buddy recommended taking it to a dealer called http://www.thayerchevrolet.com/, especially since I'm probably not going to be paying because of the insurance. But I heard going to dealers for services like this is a bad idea. Does anyone know if that's true? Or should it not really matter since I'm not paying for it anyways?

Thanks for the input.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum. First things first what ever body shop you take it to make sure that your insurance will work with them "do not take it to any auto body shop that the other insurance company recommends" the reason for this is, if you are not happy with the job you can get your insurance to pay for it and they can go after the other insurance company later. Going to a dealer to have your car fix has its benefits they usually use new parts where as some of the regular shops will use used parts from a wreaking yard. If you do decide to take it to a dealer make sure the other insurance company dose not have and office there for there insurance adjuster they will pick it a part. I made that mistake when I went to get my truck fixed and trust me I was pissed when I got my truck back with bent parts still on it because they said they were fine and refused to pay for new or even good used parts. It took me refusing to pick it up and having my insurance company stepping in to get it right. If you decide to go to a regular body shop ask if they are going to use used parts, if they are inspect them before they put them on your car if they refuse to let you find a different auto body shop. One thing to remember and keep in mind it since this is an insurance deal the auto body shop is not working for you, they are working for the insurance company. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Okay, thanks a lot for the advice. I really appreciate it. I'll keep in mind as I'm going through this ordeal.