New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New to Forums. I wanted to say hello!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 07:39 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by CamroChris
I have an update! Not great news but see below.
I called my local Edelbrock Partner shop. I have an appointment there on December 6th. I gave my current shop notice. The owner completely failed. If Eric doesn't figure out what is wrong with a simple install that has step by step instructions by December 5, I will be towing my car to a shop that "has done hundreds of E-Force installations. I have High hopes that they will figure out whatever is wrong with it..... but: If my current shop fails utterly. They are about to be in breach of contract. I am Deeply saddened by the lackluster performance of a place that has never failed me before. It sucks.

She looks so beautiful. You should see it after I wash and buff it. It is exactly how I wanted it. I love it. 👍. It has taken me months to convert everything.

After 4 dissapointing performing miles; the serpebtine belt blew. This picture was taken when I was halfway finished with pulling out serp belt pieces. The steel belts kept it all from turning to dust. It is evidence of incompetence. From this point forward; I am not happy. I have had no transportation for a month. I am patient but come December 6th it will be towed to a Edelbrock Partner shop that has done "hundreds of e-force installations".
Throwing belts is the number one issue with these kits. It is a very common issue and it may be one of the biggest reason laser belt alignment tools exist. Even experts have issues with this. If this is the first kit your mechanic installed then trouble shooting the belt alignment and getting the tensioner right was pretty much a given. People do like to forget but you will fined most people go throw a debug stage on these types of projects unless you are working with someone that has done several cars your make model and year. Experience is king. It will be tuff to blame the mechanic, if you look at it from his point of view. He did not design the car or the supercharger kit, he installed it per instruction and worked for 4 miles.